shape
carat
color
clarity

Propose with Ring in Box or in Hand?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Kind of a basic question here. When in the act of proposing, do many people propose with just the ring in their hand or do more people propose with it still in the box?

I''m sure there are plenty of examples of both being done, but I''m trying to get a feel for what the majority of people do.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
In the box. It creates a little more excitement and anticipation.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
BOX!!!

BTW-Love your Office Space avetar!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
My fiance was mean and did the whole proposal then TALKED ABOUT IT for like ten minutes (well maybe 2) before getting the ring box out!!!!
23.gif
It was driving me crazy, but I didn''t crack and ask him before he showed it to me. He said he wanted to be sure I was saying yes to him, not just to the ring.
20.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
our jeweler told my FI NOT TO USE THE BOX! He said it should be from his hand to mine. Honestly I didn''t care either way
9.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s cool in the box because you bring it out, crack open the box, and the beautiful ring is *revealed*! There may be more suspense than holding it in your hand. But the main thing is YOU have to take it out of the box and slide it on her finger! That''s the clincher
2.gif

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I like the box with reveal too. You will still be putting the ring on her finger so it will be from your hand to hers.
emteeth.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
You must use the box...it adds to the whole excitment, anticipation thing!

And by the way, she will LOVE the ring. (wish it was mine!)

Not long until march now!

blod
35.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i agree box.
it gives you another element.
my FI had the box. it went like this. talk, ask, box, reveal ring, he takes ring, he slides ring on my finger.

perfect!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
I think in general, if you were to propose... I''d use the box..
UNLESS your proposal involved putting the ring on the finger "secretly" then asking.

ex: while she is sleeping, while you''re holding hands etc..
but if you ask THEN give the ring, I''d probably use the box.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
My difficulty was hiding the box when i had to walk 40 min to my ''proposal spot''. How how do I hide a box in my pocket without her knowing?? You may have an easier time hiding the box than I had....but I had the ring in a velvet pouch. As I was proposing, I somehow magicaly got the ring out out the pouch, in my pocket, and then took the ring out in the proper orientation to place it on my gfs finger. After it was over, I gave her the box... Its really up to you....
1.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
My FI used the box, but I was in shock I didn''t remember if it was in the box or not.

njc

Brilliant_Rock
I agree in the box is a little more romantic/dramatic. I would also think the box is easier to hold than a tiny ring... wouldnt want to drop it!

Apple - i cant remember if mine was in the box or not either... I think it was though.... maybe
3.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I hope my boyfriend will use the box!! It''s like unwrapping a present, it''s so exciting!
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results