shape
carat
color
clarity

Propose Overseas ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marco81

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am travelling to Venice then off to South America and then to US in Feb next year. My gf is already travelling and I am meeting up with her in Venice, however she is coming back home to Australia earlier than me (i.e. I am going to US for 1 week on my own).

I want to surprise her with the ring, however is too risky taking it overseas, so the proposal will be probably be an empty box with a photo! - suggestions ? Secondly she will be returning back before me and not have her ring until I return.... so she cannot really show anyone her ring until my return a week later.

This is a sticky situation as I do want to propose overseas as I think it will be more romantic setting, etc.

Appreciate your help.

a proposal in Venice sounds so beautiful!
emrose.gif
how romantic!!!
emlove.gif

can you not get the ring covered by some kind of holiday insurance, against theft/damage? or maybe just keep it with you at all times?

marco81

Rough_Rock
I think it would be dangerous to for her to wear it in South America? - The main problem at the moment is the fact that I do not return back with her, but a week afterwards.... and she cannot see the ring until then? proposing with a photo does enough injustice to ring!

She is returning one week earlier as she starts her new career job (again... another reason to have her new ring on her finger!)...

Thoughts......

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
If you have it insured (you do have it insured I hope?) then it will be covered for loss/theft.

However, depending on were she is in South America and how fancy/big/sparkly the ring is - it could be dangerous for her to wear it. However, I see nothing wrong with you proposing to her with the real ring - and then if necessary - deciding that she not wear it till she is back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results