shape
carat
color
clarity

Propose next month....need to finalize my idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

smithy617

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Me & my GF is taking a weekend trip to NYC next month and I thought this would be the perfect time to propose.
I already have a proposal idea and want to make this simple but special.....I'll need some advice.

Ok....so here's what I'm planning to do at the Hotel in NYC.
I got her a handbag and will place a heart-shape card (Will make this card myself) that reads "Will You Marry Me?" inside the handbag.
I'm planning to do this when she comes out of the bathroom after a shower and will place the gift box on the bed.
Will this suprise her, since she'll only know when she checks the inside of the bag?
Any add-ons that can make this more meaningful?

thanks!

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I think this is quite a cute idea...will the handbag go with the outfit she will be wearing after she emerges from the bathroom?
9.gif

Is it a sexy handbag, or simply one that she has pined for, for a long time?
I hope it is a classy bag, not a nasty cheap plastic-y one! lol
do you have a ''special occasion'' planned for after?
If it involves a dinner date, or theatre tickets, or anything like that, you''d better book now!

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I think that is a cute idea.

In my opinion, I think I would want my bf to ASK me personally.

So instead of having the question on the card, maybe have "I have a question to ask you" on the card, and then get down on one knee and ask her to marry you?

Just a thought...just a suggestion...just my opinion! I''ve never had anyone ask me if I wanted to marry them and I have never asked anyone to marry me, but I think it would be more personal with a verbal proposal? Do you guys communicate that way? Are you scared to verbally ask?

Just wondering...
1.gif

smithy617

Rough_Rock
its not a cheap bag...its a trendy bag that she''ll like ( i know her style)
I also have other plans after the proposal.

We talk all the time...I just thought a card will be more meaningful
I was going to say it while she''s reading the card and then pop out the ROCK.

smithy617

Rough_Rock
maybe I left out some important info on my original post. I'll try again.

I'll leave the giftbox (the handbag) on the bed while she's taking a shower at the hotel.
I'll pretend that I'm sleeping and the box will be on her side of the bed under the blanket.

Inside the handbag, I'll place a card that reads "Will You Marry Me?"
While she's reading the card (by now, I'll get out of bed)..............get down on one knee and will ask her to marry me and pop out the Diamond ring.

here's the ring
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/wf-1-22-aca-on-classic-tiffany-setting-set-low-%C2%A8c-pics-story.90273/

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
I think that will be sweet, but it''s so important to hear those words... "WILL YOU MARRY ME?" OK... I need some clarification.... You said you will have it sitting there after she gets out of the shower... IMO I would not want to be proposed to when I''m naked.
38.gif

smithy617

Rough_Rock
lol.....

then i''ll think of another time (not after a shower)

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
HAHA Do you get what I''m saying? That ring is stunning though!
36.gif

smithy617

Rough_Rock
yes i do...men will never think of these details
1.gif

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
HAHA Yes I know..I felt obligated to say something! What are your other ideas?

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I kinda like the written card thing...I like written words, it seems so ... concrete.

I guess she'll be pretty distracted if she's fishing this card out of the bag...

and then to look up...see you right there, with the words coming out of your mouth...
hey it's almost like being proposed to TWICE! lol

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/18/2008 9:44:55 AM
Author: LaraOnline
I kinda like the written card thing...I like written words, it seems so ... concrete.

I guess she''ll be pretty distracted if she''s fishing this card out of the bag...

and then to look up...see you right there, with the words coming out of your mouth...
hey it''s almost like being proposed to TWICE! lol
Yeah, when you put it that way, I can see how the double proposal would be romantic...
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results