shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposals in cincinnati

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

quinn23

Rough_Rock
how should I ask Father blessing if he lives in another state?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
How far are you from him? Have you ever met him? Depending on distance & time involved, I would make the effort to visit him. If not, I would find out if they have plans to visit their daughter soon. If they do, I would wait to ask them in person. If they aren''t visiting anytime soon, a phone call is necessary if you would like to ask her dad.

quinn23

Rough_Rock
He''s only about three hours away, but I wanted to pop the question soon...
Maybe take a day of work and drive up there.. Should I call him first or just drive?

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
You definitely need to call him first & inquire about his schedule. It will show respect & thoughtfulness foro his time. Depending on your schedules, you may only need to take a half day off. But yes, definitely make the drive if he is only three hours away.

As a side note, think about what you want to say to him when you ask for his time & inquire if he can keep this just between the two of you. Would hate to see your cover blown by a slip of the tongue.

Good luck!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Asking her father is always a good move, and if he is like most he wont want to ruin the surprise....just dont wait too long after because word travels father>mother>mothers best friend>....you get the point. Just make sure no one accidentally tells her before you do.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results