shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal story 7-15-2011

jessica07122011

Rough_Rock
Ok, so everyone has been asking me how he asked and for details on the proposal. I haven't had the time to get back to everyone so I figured I could just share the story.

We have been planning on taking some time off in July, for both my birthday and just having some time away from work. He booked us a room at Starfish Manor for the first night of our vacation. I was already very excited for this as this was where we went for our first time when we first started dating. I had no idea what was about to happen!

We spent the morning having breakfast & getting manicures, then off to the coast! We got to our room and it was a nice as I remembered it being. I was super excited! We sat on the balcony and enjoyed the view before heading out to the outlets for some shopping. We literally looked in two stores and he was ready to leave and head to the beach. On the way to the beach he had our song playing on repeat.

The first time we went here the weather was horrible, but he was still wonderful and we walked on the beach together in the freezing weather and wind. This time it was much nicer. We walked from one end just talking about life and anything that pooped into our heads, mainly memories from the last time we were here. It's hard to describe it but it was seriously an amazing trip.

We turned around and started heading back to the hotel. We were walking and Brandon pulled out a envelope and told me he wrote me a letter that he wanted me to read. I started reading it on the beach and it went over how much he loved me and how much this time together had meant to him. It was seriously the sweetest thing ever. Of course I was crying and he kept asking me if I was sniffling or tearing up, ha. After I finished he handed me a box from tiffanys, he told me it was an early birthday present. I opened it up and was thrilled to see a charm bracelet. I have wanted one forever and we just recently looked at them during our California vacation. He then pulled out a charm, it was of a heart with a key on the side. I loved it! I didn't notice right away but he pointed out the back of the charm in which he had hand engraved "JMA" for Jessica Marie Adams. I was freaking out inside! He pulled out a ring box from his jacket and said something along the lines of " I love you more then anything in the world and I know I always will be right by your side" from there it became a blur, he was saying stuff and I don't even remember it! This was the purpose behind the letter, so I can keep it forever and he could get it all out before me crying. The he asked " Will you marry me?" I said "yes! Of course!" it took us a little to try on my ring, both our hands were shaky. This was the exact spot that he first nervously told me "I love you"

The inside of my ring is engraved with 7-15-2011 - forever. It also has JA for the ring designer, but I like to say it's for Jessica Adams.

From there we went to the car and he gave me another letter which told the story behind my ring. He wrote out the journey he had finding the perfect ring for me and everything he did to plan this special event so I could feel like I was apart of it. It was so special for me to be able to have this!

We left to dinner at fathoms where we got to share the news with family and he showed me pictures he had been taking all day of my bare hand as it would be the last time I would not be wearing a ring on my finger.

After dinner we headed back to the hotel where he had them decorate with champagne, rose petals, special bath gels, beachopoly and chocolates. They did this all while we were gone.

The night was seriously perfect. I could not have asked for a better proposal story to share. I have so many memories from this spot and it has and will forever hold a very special piece of my heart. I woke up seriously feeling like this had to be some kind of dream, everything was so perfect. I have never wanted anything more then for this day to come and I can't wait to plan my wedding and be married to the love of my life!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!! Now show us some pictures of that ring!!! :)

Ladybug1

Shiny_Rock
Wonderful! Can't wait to see your ring! Congrats!

asymons412

Shiny_Rock
Awww, I love the idea of giving you something with your initials-to-be! Very cute! Congratulations, wear your jewelry in health & happiness!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yeah! I love proposal stories!

alvina

Rough_Rock
thoughtful haan.... congrats

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
That is SUCH a sweet a memorable story! I don't know how many guys would put that type of sentiment into taking pictures of your hand bare for the last time (SO SWEET!!) or writing letter so you could remember all that he was feeling at that moment.

Can't wait to see pictures and again, congratulations!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results