shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Requests!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Last night my BF asked me what I would like in a proposal. Time of day? People around or solo? Public? Special features?

I was floored. I said no public, no restaurants, a time of day when we can take lots of time together to enjoy, and something that involves our car (we met when I bought his car from him). Other than that, I had nothing and said that I trusted him entirely (which I do).

So ladies, are there other obvious do''s and don''ts I should have included in my list?

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 9:48:57 AM
Author:LitigatorChick
Last night my BF asked me what I would like in a proposal. Time of day? People around or solo? Public? Special features?

I was floored. I said no public, no restaurants, a time of day when we can take lots of time together to enjoy, and something that involves our car (we met when I bought his car from him). Other than that, I had nothing and said that I trusted him entirely (which I do).

So ladies, are there other obvious do''s and don''ts I should have included in my list?

I would''ve been upset had FI caught me at a time that I wasn''t feeling so pretty... not everyone feels this way, but I do! I was not "Done up" for my proposal, but my hair was styled and I at least put some foundation on. That was good enough for me. No post-workout proposals.

Post proposal... I was so overwhelmed that I couldnt eat, and he ordered tiramisu! I''d vote for "let me eat first"
3.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks - I did tell him that I want to look pretty for the proposal, so I said don''t ask me when I am looking like an idiot.

The eating thing - we are vegan, and I usually have to cook for us, unless he takes me to our fav vegan place, so I think I am fine.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:02:47 AM
Author: LitigatorChick
Thanks - I did tell him that I want to look pretty for the proposal, so I said don't ask me when I am looking like an idiot.

The eating thing - we are vegan, and I usually have to cook for us, unless he takes me to our fav vegan place, so I think I am fine.
litigator- not to threadjack, but I am a wedding planner, and I recently had a bride give me the task of finding a venue that would be able to accomodate a full vegan wedding. Its proving to be a challenge, and her mom is mad because she thinks no one else will eat that night (only the bride and her FI are vegan).

When you get married, are you planning on having the whole event be vegan as well? Or will you just have vegan options available for you, your FI and anyone else who may request it? If you are doing a full vegan menu, have you found places that will accomodate this? I find a lot of people dont truly understand what vegan is, and just think its raw vegetables. A chef can actually get really creative with the menu if he had the skills/passion to do it.

OK, sorry for the threadjack...

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks NakedFinger. Don''t even get me started on vegan cooking!!! Lucky for us, we are eloping so we can have our private vegan feast for 2!!!!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 12:05:05 PM
Thanks NakedFinger. Don''t even get me started on vegan cooking!!! Lucky for us, we are eloping so we can have our private vegan feast for 2!!!!
Haha good for you!
1.gif

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Ooooooo...congrats! Make sure your nails are done for sure!
36.gif

I would have said make sure i look pretty, some place nice and when you and i smell well

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Slight threadjack for the vegan topic--my bro and SIL were vegan (she''s a dairy only vegetarian now and he''s still hardcore vegan) but they served fried chicken at their wedding reception. Good ol'' Southern cooking, since 99% of the 200+ guests were NOT vegan or vegetarian.

I thought it was interesting.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
When you are vegan, you can''t impose that on people. So if I were having a wedding, or if we end up with a reception, I would serve meat and vegan options. I have no moral opposition to meat, I just feel healthier when I avoid meat and dairy.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Another vegan threadjack.... I''ve been vegetarian or vegan most of my life! What restaurants do you like? I''ll have to check them out the next time I''m in Calgary, if you don''t mind saying.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite vegan place in Calgary is the Coup on 17th Avenue: http://www.thecoup.ca/

I have heard that the Gratitude Cafe is good, but haven''t been yet!: http://www.gratitudecafe.ca/

Largely, we eat at home rather than bother going out - I love to cook!!!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
i had NO say in the proposal, but Eric was nice enough to tell me to change before he did it. thank god. i would have gotten engaged in a swimsuit, wrap and smelling like SPF70.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
That''s so cute he asked you these things! I don''t have any further do''s or don''ts for you though.

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/9/2009 1:21:54 PM
Author: jcarlylew
i had NO say in the proposal, but Eric was nice enough to tell me to change before he did it. thank god. i would have gotten engaged in a swimsuit, wrap and smelling like SPF70.
Awwwww, that was sweet of him. Gotta LOVE a thoughtful man

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 11:52:36 AM
Author: NakedFinger

Date: 7/8/2009 10:02:47 AM
Thanks - I did tell him that I want to look pretty for the proposal, so I said don''t ask me when I am looking like an idiot.

litigator- not to threadjack, but I am a wedding planner, and I recently had a bride give me the task of finding a venue that would be able to accomodate a full vegan wedding. Its proving to be a challenge, and her mom is mad because she thinks no one else will eat that night (only the bride and her FI are vegan).

When you get married, are you planning on having the whole event be vegan as well? Or will you just have vegan options available for you, your FI and anyone else who may request it? If you are doing a full vegan menu, have you found places that will accomodate this? I find a lot of people dont truly understand what vegan is, and just think its raw vegetables. A chef can actually get really creative with the menu if he had the skills/passion to do it.

OK, sorry for the threadjack...
I''ve gotta chime into this threadjack cause I''m a vegetarian so I can relate! My FF however eats meat so I suppose at my wedding I''ll have something for everyone. I''m the only one in my family that doesn''t eat meat anyway.

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
Adding to the threadjack- if you are ever in NY this is an amazing vegetarian/vegan restaurant. I am neither, but I grew up kosher so would eat only vegetarian out. Anyway its called HanGawi and I have never been so full after a meal and its a great atmosphere. http://www.hangawirestaurant.com/ Oh man now I really want to go!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Litigatiorchick,

A lot of girls like to have their hands manicured for their proposals - and some guys even work a manicure in to the festivities. (I''m not sure if this applies to you, as you may already always have nice nails).

You might want to have him arrange it so there is time to call or celebrate with friends and family (Eg earlier in the evening as opposed to midnight).

Congratulations on your upcoming engagement!

RE: Vegan cooking subthread:

The Moosewood cookbook has lots of amazing vegetarian and some vegan recipes in it, and I believe there is a Moosewood restaurant in Ithica NY. Naked finger: I wonder if you could hire one of the moosewood chefs for the wedding you''re planning ?

Nutloaf with miso gravy is amazing! also frenchfries with miso gravy mmm mmmm!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Going for a manicure today!!! He better propose soon - these regular manis are getting ridiculous.

I was looking at the Moosewood cookbook - is it good???

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And more vegan threadjack:

Thanks Lit! Sba, I''m planning a trip to NY soon so I''ll check it out, thanks! I''ll check out that cookbook too, sounds yummy.

I have a wicked recipe for vegetarian gravy, I adapted an Allrecipes recipe a bit. If anyone wants it I''ll start a new thread in Healthy Lifestyle section so we can stop jacking Litigator''s proposal thread, sorry
12.gif

DUST for you Lit! Can''t wait
36.gif

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/11/2009 12:20:28 AM
Author: shimmer
And more vegan threadjack:

Thanks Lit! Sba, I''m planning a trip to NY soon so I''ll check it out, thanks! I''ll check out that cookbook too, sounds yummy.

I have a wicked recipe for vegetarian gravy, I adapted an Allrecipes recipe a bit. If anyone wants it I''ll start a new thread in Healthy Lifestyle section so we can stop jacking Litigator''s proposal thread, sorry
12.gif

DUST for you Lit! Can''t wait
36.gif

Post your recipe Shimmer - I started a thread in Healthy Lifestyle and posted my bean burrito recipe!!!

OK ladies, I am officially going insane. BF told me Friday that the proposal was now coming "very soon". So now I was moody all weekend, wondering if this was it or upset when it wasn''t. This is not fair!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results