shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Questions/Suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

whitedragon

Rough_Rock
Greetings, all! Planning on making July 4 "the day", and need to bounce some ideas off all you lovely people. : )

We''ll be visiting a city a few hours away that we''ve only been to once and staying with a friend for the weekend. I''ve lined up dinner at one of the best places in town for 9:00 (as the city''s fireworks are set off at 9:30 from right below the place and you get a spectacular view of them and the city from the restauraunt.) Beforehand, we''ll be going to go an indoor botanical garden-type place.

I''ve decided to incorporate a small (like 5-12 pieces) jigsaw puzzle into the propsal as it was a puzzle that we were working on when we decided to start date many years ago. The goal is for me to make a puzzle but withold the very middle piece and then, once she realizes that it''s missing, present it with an appropriate "With you, I found my missing piece" type line.

Logistical Questions:

*I''ll make the puzzle to be a graphic that has the date and is either of something meaningful to us or relevant to the fourth. I''m not sure what to put on the missing piece itself though. Should it have her name or picture on it? or perhaps both of our names on it? or perhaps "Will you marry me?" or something else? If it says "Will you marry me?" Do, I still ask when I go down on one knee a few seconds later?

*The goal was to have all the pieces in a small box and either arrange to "buy" it somewhere at the gardens and then put it together somewhere in the place or have the waiter at the restauraunt deliver it at some point during the meal. I liked the idea of doing this at the climax of the fireworks during dinner, but it''ll be smack in the middle of dinner as we won''t be seated til 9:00. I''m not sure the remainder of the dinner will matter much in the event she says "yes" :razz: Should I just have it brought to the table with dessert? Something else?

*Should I present the missing piece by itself and then take out the ring? Or maybe present the ring box with the piece on top? Or maybe present the piece with just the loose ring atop it?

I''m just not sure the best way to do this logistically as the garden area has the plus of potentially being more private but no real easy way to obtain/do the puzzle...but the restauraunt will be less private but easier to do the puzzle.

Any thoughts. Be honest--you won''t hurt my feelings. : ) (Well, you might--but it''s for her sake, not mine, so let me have it!) ; )

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results