shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ebiegs327

Rough_Rock
My gf and I are going to the bahamas soon and I am struggling on coming up with a good idea for how to propose...
Obviously I could do the classic route of taking a walk on the beach where a table is set up with music playing, candles, etc while the sun sets.... That seems a bit contrived though, anyone else out there have interesting thoughts??
Thanks.

Eric

abc123

Rough_Rock
I am kind of in the same boat as you, but not quite so soon and probably a different island ... i''m also against going for a contrived and run of the mill proposal ... i''ve also been pondering alternative ideas

how about setting up a day trip to a small, private uninhabited island? nothing fancy about it, but just the two of you in complete tranquility and isolation

i''m not sure if you can do this in the bahamas, but i know its possible elsewhere, and def possible in turks and caicos which is part of the bahamas chain of islands; this company won''t help you in the bahams, but see this link for where i got the idea from http://www.turkoiseexcursions.com/IslandGetaway.html

ebiegs327

Rough_Rock
Good call....I just found this place that does just that....
not exactly moderately priced...
but definitely a good consideration.
Thanks again.

http://www.islandworldadventures.com/

abc123

Rough_Rock
yeah ... that does seem expensive, but they take you to an island quite far away (i think it said 40 miles) and there seems to be a lot included in the package ... maybe there is a way to do it simpler for less - closer with just dropoff/pickup and some basic food or drinks

i think the main tourist areas in the bahamas are probably too built up for this option, but maybe you can ditch the boat and rent a car to visit a secluded beach for the day; try some googling or fodors, frommers, etc. to see if there are secluded spots a reasonable drive from where you''re staying

i am curious how it works out for you or if other people can chime in with thoughts because i may have a nearly identical post in the near future!

this forum doesn''t seem to be as popular as some of the others ... i don''t know if people get upset about posting off-topic but you''d probably get more feedback in many of the other forums

TBeck2000

Rough_Rock
I''m not sure what island you are traveling to. On Grand Bahama Island, there is a pretty nice and secluded beach by Lucayan National Park. It''s called Gold Rock Beach. It''s a short walk from the parking area through some marshy mangrove areas. There are nice boardwalks and bridges so the walk can be done in normal beach attire (flip flops). Link

When I was there, even though there were some folks around, it was very private if you walked a couple minutes up or down the beach.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results