shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal on Fri- final plan (long)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kojack

Rough_Rock
Alright, its fianlly coming down top the wire. The ring has arrived and looks beautiful, and all reservations are set. Let me know what you think :)

Thursday night my GF will come home from work around 6-7. I have spoken to her boss and have had her unkowingly take Friday off. I was planning on telling her Friday morning about the day off but she is the type to take forever to pack and if she is rushed, will become really flustered. So I''ve decided to tell her Thursday night and give her the evening to pack, wash clothes, and if she needs anything, go to Target to pick it up :) I am telling her we are going away for the weekend for her Christmas gift but am not telling her where. This will drive her crazy with excitement.

Friday morning we will have breakfast at one of our favorite local spots and then proceed to drive up to Sausalito, Ca- about an hour from home. We will walk the shore, check out the sites and views of San Francisco, go to all the local shops etc....Basically spend some quality time together. At 3:00 I have scheduled her an hour massage at the Casa Madrona hotel which we have a room at. This will give me some time to get my thoughts together and so forth. When she comes back around 4:00, we will either stay in the room enjoying the breathtaking view I am supposed to have or see some more of downtown. We have dinner reservations set for 8:15 so I will have her start getting ready around 6:30- she takes her time :)

When she comes out all dressed up, she will ask me how she looks- she always does. I always tell her she looks beautiful but not this time. I will give her an odd look and tell her she looks ok but something is missing. She will look at me perplexed as I start to ask her if she brought other earrings or a different necklace. After playing around for a minute I will tell her I figured it out. I know whats missing- I will then pull out the box and tell her, "This is whats missing." I will proceed to tell her how much I love her and want to spend the rest of my life with her, get down on one knee and propose.

This will either take place in the room or on the terrace of the room. Whichever works out is fine. I want to have a place we can go to for anniversaries and special occasions. After much emotion and hugging, she will get herself together to go down for a celebratory dinner. Little does she know that her parents, both sets of grandparents, and my parents will be downstairs to welcome us and have dinner. She will love this.

When dinner is all over we will say our goodbyes and go back to the room. During dinner I am having the concierge of the hotel do her famous "rose petal turndown" with chocolates, champagne, 65 candles lit, the room and bathtub filled with rose petals, pictures of us in the room, a CD playing, and last but not least, a card from me to her expressing in words how much I love her.

Now hopefully everything goes as planned. Saturday we will spend the day in SF shopping in Union Square. I have booked a room at the Westin Saint Francis and have tickets to her favorite ballet, The Nutcracker as well. It will be a very full weekend and I hope she loves it and will remember it for the rest of her life.

Yes....hand shots are to follow
1.gif

jennyann2

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations and Good Luck! It sounds like you''ve thought of everything!

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
wow.
lovely lovely lovely.
i almost teared up at your proposal idea (something is missing...) It''s SO cute.
:)
best of luck! and i definitely hope you come back and share the details :)

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
This sounds like a wonderful plan! Good luck!!
9.gif

Heh, hand shots... Kojack, m''dear, you know us too well...
28.gif

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
Teared up??!! im at my desk cryiing LOL LOL...

Omg that is soooo beautifullll and right before x-mas !! you little sneak.. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS

Melinda

Shiny_Rock
I''ve GOT to hear the outcome of this wonderful proposal! It''s so exciting, and she''ll just love it. Cogratulations!

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
Oh Kojack, I'm so excited for you!!! You have planned out a perfect weekend. The proposal night is going to be just amazing. Wow, she's going to be overjoyed. You've put so much thought and effort into the ring and now the proposal. Your soon-to-be fiancee is very lucky!!! I'm sure everything will go smoothly. Please come back with pictures after the weekend. Have fun and good luck!
36.gif

Kojack

Rough_Rock
I will do my best to get some pics and hand shots up Monday. I owe all of you and many other PS users a great deal of thanks for your kind words and taking the time to respond to my questions and concerns.

Ya, she is really going to love this surprise. I mentioned before in a previous thread that I have led her on to believe it won''t happen until February or March due to Ritani being too backed up with holiday orders. She was pretty bummed out when I told her this. She''s really cute. She has gotten into the habit of always putting her little ring finger in the air to show how bare and cold it is without a ring to keep it warm. That one gets me all the time :)

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/14/2005 3:41:57 PM
Author: Evie75
Teared up??!! im at my desk cryiing LOL LOL...

Omg that is soooo beautifullll and right before x-mas !! you little sneak.. GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATS
I"m sitting on my couch crying!! how perfect!!!

ello

Brilliant_Rock
Oh - you are so sweet! It''s going to be so romantic. Good luck!

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that really sounds like the perfect proposal! And I never thought I''d think that. I always figured anything was fine, as long as two people who love each got engaged. But, what a great plan! It is SO sweet! I can''t wait to see pics!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Great work Kojack! "Who loves you baby?" Pricescopers do! Well, this pser does. I am seven states away...but I am buying airplane ticket to attend...just call me a long lost cousin or something!

Just kidding. Your plan is so perfect...and private between the two of you. I love how you tie the package with the family and the Nutcraker. Every aspect of your plan has your beloved in the center. I vote for your knee...this is THE time to go down on it...she will be able to tell her friends that you did...and will do so always. Nothing you can go back and redo. Go with your instincts...just as you have on the rest of your plans.

Will be thinking of you-and cheering for you!
36.gif

DKS

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
You really thought of everything, but I especially love how you managed to include parents and grandparents in your dinner plans. Reading between the lines, it sounds like this is important to your GF. I hope everything goes perfectly as planned and look forward to reading the follow-up and seeing some hand pics.

Congratulations and good luck ... and know that this Thursday night and Friday, we''ll all be thinking about ''that girl in California'' who is getting engaged right now!
36.gif

Kojack

Rough_Rock
Door Knob- Love you too! Thanks to you she is getting the ring ornament for Christmas you told PS about. Much appreciated on the find.

Your long lost cousin,
Kojack

Browneyes- Ya, I think she will really appreciate her family being a part of the dinner. I know I do. Plus, it will really throw her for another loop.
36.gif
And the rose petal turndown will be a nice added bonus for the both of us
31.gif

I can''t believe its tomorrow. I scheduled her a mianicure and pedicure for this evening. I''m sure after tomorrow she will be glad I did.

Kojack

Rough_Rock
Ok all, this will hopefully be my last post as a boyfriend. I shall return Monday a fiance and a new man
1.gif
. I have the ring box in a sock (clean) tucked deep in my shoe that I have packed! My GF probably wouldn''t appreciate knowing that info. Right about this time tomorrow (12/16) I should be engaged! I am very excited and can''t wait to take the next step in our relationship. Thanks again to all and will return with details Monday!
35.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ah...cousin Kojack, how sweet of you to mention my find. Glad you got to use it. I am really pleased!! Thanks!

I will try not to late to dinner...go ahead and order...
emwink.gif

Thanks again for your appreciation.

DKS

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow... That totally brought tears to my eyes. It just kept getting better and better the more I read, and more and more teary!! Plus I think SF is such a perfect, romantic city for this. Of course I might be biased since that is where I grew up!! Anyway, you have already left by now but I will be sending good thoughts and I can''t wait for an update!!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

So glad to hear (in your other thread) that it all went as planned!!! And yes, it brought tears to my eyes as well.
9.gif
Can''t wait to see more handshots (b/c that ring is GORGEOUS
30.gif
) and maybe more pics of the proposal location??

Your plan sounds SO PERFECT though, she is one lucky girl!!!!
9.gif

freckles127

Shiny_Rock
Kojak,

What a beautiful engagement and ring.. it is quite unique! I love the rose petals on the bed.
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results