shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal next week... I think I have it nailed down.

Zand

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

With the help of the kind folks here on pricescope I managed to find a ring that I believe my girlfriend will love (without "wasting" money in her opinion).

The diamond I purchased is a 0.71 Carat H Color Ideal Cut internally flawless diamond with measurements 5.71 x 5.75 x 3.52 mm. The girdle is medium to thick with a depth of 61.4% a table of 57% and very strong blue fluorescence. Crown angle is 34% and Pavillion angle is 41%, other details can be found here http://www.bluenile.ca/round-diamond-1-carat-or-less-ideal-cut-h-colour-if-clarity_LD02696266 the cost for the diamond wa $2809.

I purchased the bluenile platinum flora vida setting with diamonds which can be found here http://www.bluenile.com/diamond-engagement-ring-setting-platinum_19815 for a total cost of $4411 with taxes. I am extremely pleased with my purchase, the centre stone is stunning and the effects of fluorescence have no negative impact on the stone. The fluorescence was something I sought out as I liked that it was somewhat different or unique from many of the stones I've seen. Now that I have made my purchase and the engagement is coming up I am having trouble figuring out at what point to do it (as the box is large and I do not wish to leave it in the car while we go for dinner).

My idea is this:

I am going to recreate our first date. We went and looked at fish in a store, went for sushi and went to a movie. Now that we are a little older and have more money I decided that I will upgrade those slightly. I am planning to take her to the aquarium first, then go to sushi at the best sushi place in town ($100 a plate for a special set) and then we are going to go to a play.

We live in Vancouver and the Aquarium is in Stanley Park (for those of you who haven't heard of it look it up, it's a beautiful place). So I was thinking of popping the question somewhere in the park or at the aquarium as then she will be able to enjoy the fluorescence while it's still sunny outside.

My alternative option is to leave the ring at home, wait until after the play and then swing by (or have a friend bring it for me) and propose on the beach under the moonlight.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
Vancouver is one of my favourite places and I love the aquarium (especially the sea otters). Why don't you propose at the aquarium (maybe after seeing the whale show and getting the good luck splash from the whales)? Then you can celebrate at supper.

Congratulations!
BTW, you have chosen well!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Stanley Park! its been years since I was there... I think I flew in on a pterydactyl... but I remember that it was beautiful!

I'd propose at the aquarium and show off all that gorgeous Strong BLue Fluorescence in all that black lighting!! That will become her new favourite place to see the magic HER diamond can create!!!

Good luck!

Diamants

Rough_Rock
Hi there newbie here, I came across this topic and felt like I need to stop by and say hi. First of all, I want to commend you for exerting effort in making your proposal memorable and your girlfriend very happy. I suggest you do the proposal while you are exploring the aquarium. To add some spice, if there are divers there, maybe you can ask them to hold a banner sign of "WILL YOU MARRY ME _____" inside the aquarium and have your girlfriend look at the sign then get down on your knees and ask the magic question and then celebrate over dinner afterwards. :love:

Zand

Rough_Rock
Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. I had been thinking about proposing at the aquarium if I can find a nice quiet spot. I will be visiting at some point this week and picking up an annual pass for her. What I was thinking I would do was just start the "date" with the proposal. She knows that I have a big plan for our anniversary date because she tried to make plans and I said that I was taking care of everything.

I have been contemplating purchasing a sleep mask and picking her up from work, telling her to put it on and playing some music while we drive there, then leading her into the aquarium, taking her to the spot I find and getting down on one knee then telling her to take off the mask and launching into my proposal. How does that sound?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the aquarium proposal idea! Is she at all claustrophobic or fearful of a mask or covering on her face? It sounds like a cool idea, but I'm not sure I'd be relaxed long enough to do all that driving and walking with my eyes covered. I think I'm a bit creeped out by masks!

Can you get her to the aquarium then put the mask on as a surprise while you say you want to show her a new display around the corner - minimize mask time??? (that's probably just my paranoia talking...)

Zand

Rough_Rock
20120826_112154.jpg

She said yes!

Well actually she said of course obviously and then we went on to continue our great night.

Here is what happened: I went to Starbucks at 2:45 and picked us both up some iced coffees, then I went to her work, dropped one off for her and told her I would wait for her outside. She came down at about 3:00 and asked "Where are we going?" I handed her a blindfold and said put this on when you get in the car, she did and I started playing a playlist of all the songs that we've listened to together in the last 5 years.

I drove to Stanley park with her wearing the mask and jamming to some great music and she tried to guess what we were doing. I parked the car at the aquarium and she took off the blindfold and said "Stanley park". I told her we still had some walking, walked her up to the aquarium and had her pose for a picture for her annual membership. We got in and started walking around and looking at the different displays and when we got to the sea otters (where I had planned to propose) there was a group of teenagers standing around. We kept walking and got down to the Beluga whales aquarium level and found a display with baby dolphins (about 1 or 2 years old 3-4 feet long, quite small and extremely cute.). She watched them and saw one of them mimicked her movement when she turned her head from side to side. She was so happy and excited and there was nobody around. I knew that was my opportunity so I pulled the ring out of my backpack got down on one knee and said "I love you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me?" she said "Of course, obviously" and on went the ring.

She is very happy with the ring as the very strong blue fluorescence colour change in the sunlight is something she had never heard of. Anyhow the rest of the night was quite fantastic, we continued at the aquarium for a while, then went for very fancy sushi, then went to bard on the beach (the taming of the shrew). She thought the whole thing was fantastic and didn't realize until near the end of our night that I had recreated our first date.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl:
Congratulations Zand!!! It looks spectacular on her hand --- of course we need more handshots to properly evalutate...

Sounds like the perfect proposal for you!!! yippee :D

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: Congratulations! "Of course, obviously!" is too cute. You know when you get married, you HAVE to say that instead of "I do", right? :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results