shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Location - Help Me Decide, Vegas or Where We Met?

simon_o

Rough_Rock
I'm preparing to pop the question and have been learning a lot about diamonds thanks to pricescope, getting closer to finding the right one everyday.

What I'm still undecided on is where I should propose. Later in March we'll be taking a trip to Vegas. I have never been but she has and is very excited to go again. From comments she's made in the past, I know she wouldn't like a very public proposal, would it be possible to do this in Vegas and still keep it personal and intimate?

The alternative I'm struggling between is proposing on our trip to Hilton Head, SC in May, which is where we met. Plenty of secluded beaches that would be ideal for this.

Any thoughts/opinions are appreciated :)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Proposal Location - Help Me Decide, Vegas or Where We Me

My husband proposed to me in Vegas. December 19, 2008 in front of the Bellagio fountains during a Celine Dion song (in French) after an amazing meal at Sensi. It was very private and romantic. I think that if you plan it out well, a private Vegas proposal can be accomplished pretty easily. His trick to it was that we went to a lesser frequented area that still had an amazing view of the fountains, but he knew about it because we had been there before. We've been there 5 (I think?) times, and we're going again in March as well.

If you'd like help thinking about options some more, I can offer suggestions and give you some ideas!

simon_o

Rough_Rock

I like the fountain idea, assuming I could find a place that wasn't too public nearby. If you have other ideas as well I'm happy to hear them as well, trying to weight my options.

Should also mention we're doing a helicopter ride into the grand canyon for lunch one day, which might work. Depends how the atmosphere turns out.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ok, so he proposed in this little area by the fountains. If you go out of the main entrance of Bellagio, right across all of the cabs/limos/car valet area is another area that overlooks the fountains, but it's higher than the main viewing areas, and since it's across the cab lines, no one really ventures over there. We actually took some pictures there when we got married (got married in Vegas too) and one of my favorite pictures is us walking back to the cabs from that area. The photographers know about it, but not many other people do.

Another option would be at the top of the Eiffel tower--that's pretty private too. Sun down is when it gets really busy, but otherwise it's pretty quiet.

There really are tons of options for proposing. If you called the concierge at the hotel you're staying at, they could probably suggest more since they have dealt with it a lot. A lot of weddings and proposals happen in Vegas.

We went back to Vegas for our first anniversary and called the concierge to get David Copperfield tickets and dinner reservations. They asked if there was a special occasion and my husband said that it was our first anniversary. We got free champagne, truffles, a signed card and a secluded table. They really go out of their way to make something happen.

Here is the pic mentioned above. You can see how empty it is behind us.

The Bellagio-049-0213 freke.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results