shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal in restaurant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diego454

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Just would like to ask you some advice about proposal in restaurant.

I have made a reservation for our 11th anniversary at the Alain Ducasse's restaurant at Platza Athenee and it's a bit a posh place. So i wonder if i won't be too shy to put on my knees in from of all customers. Do you have an idea, to make it in a different way ?

Thanks

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unless she has expressed interest in having a public proposal, I would strongly advise against this. There are SO many lovely romantic spots to propose and then go for a kick ass dinner after to celebrate.

diego454

Rough_Rock
That is a great idea, actually i have contacted the restaurant and they offer to build a fabergé egg in chocolate to put the ring into and bring it before the desert. It would allow to be more hidden, actually she doesn't care and would be happy to be proposed in front of people, it"s just about me.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If she doesn't care, and that's what you want to do, then you're going to have to suck it up! Maybe some liquid courage before dessert comes haha. IDK if you guys are into it, but I would totally get pictures of the egg/her opening the egg too. It's not weird anymore, because people take pics of their food all the time now right?

I think it's fine to have a proposal in a restaurant but make sure to not make it awkward to everyone especially to the person you're going to propose to.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sure hope he's worked up the nerve over these intervening six years. Fingers crossed. =)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deep down I am a die-hard romantic at heart. However, I would advise only have a public proposal if it is 100% that she will say yes to avoid any awkwardness and embarrassment.

Some people are happy together without being officially married, some would go as far as to say marriage kills romance.

Oh, and be prepared to crack a bottle or two bubblies to share your good news with the other diners if you decide to do it at the restaurant.

Good luck.

DK :))

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results