shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal In Dallas Texas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. This is my first post but I need a lot of help with this proposal idea that I have. Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 9 months. We have been talking about our wedding for quite some time. I love her with all of my heart. Her parents love me and my parents love her. now comes the hard part. The proposal. We have already bought the ring because she had the credit to get it and she gave it to me and told me to propose whenever I am ready. But don''t take forever is what she said. Now I will tell the way that I wanna propose to her

We live in San Antonio Texas but we love Dallas Texas. So we are suppose to go there for our 1 year anniversary in May. I wanted to get tickets to the Kanye West concert cause he will be in dallas on May 1st. and here I wanna propose. But the catch is that I wanna do it on stage. I want to walk out on stage with the ring in hand. In front of all the people in the stadium I wanna propose to her. Now I know that this seems crazy but I want to do this big since I want this proposal to be my first and last proposal. Does anyone know if there is a way I could get on stage. Maybe talk to the venue or try to contact Kanye. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I would think that this will be almost impossible. Kanye has some very strong political views, and I don''t think that the venue will be letting ANYONE on stage... in Texas or anywhere else for that matter. You can always call though. Or you could just get like front row tickets and propose at your seats during the concert. I dont think she wouldn''t see that coming? Or you just go to the concert... I''m guessing it will be at AA Center, and then you can get a room at the W something and propose there??

Also, does she like Kanye or are you the bigger fan. At first, I thought that it sounded like you would be getting all the glory in this proposal?? IMHO.

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I agree that getting onto the stage at a concert of that caliber without any connections will be very difficult. The best you can do is try and contact the venue and see if they have an events coordinator avalible. If they do have an events coordinator maybe s/he can help to get your message displayed on a marquee someplace in the stadium or on a jumbo-tron.

Meresal has a point: really think about what you believe your girlfriend wants. If you believe in your heart of hearts that a Kanye show is the right place for you to propose, by all means shoot for the stars. However, you may want to consider proposing to her before the concert and maybe having the tickets be an added bonus way for you two to go out and celebrate.

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
Ya''ll are right. The concert would be more for me than it would be for her. Okay, then I still wanna do it in Dallas but now I would need ideas of where to do it in Dallas?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
What does she like to do, or what do you enjoy doing together?

Do you like being outdoors(e.g. zoo''s)?

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! She loves the zoos. We have been to the Dallas Zoo already. So that is out. she also like museums like the museum of natural science in houston. How could I tie the outdoors or something like that into something that can be memorable for her. Something that she can brag about for years.

marlonsboo

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am not usually one to post, but when I saw your post I just had to respond. If your girlfriend likes outside there is a restaurant called Marie Gabrielle that is absolutely gorgeous. The most impressive part about the restaurant is the lush gardens that surrounds it and it even has a life-sized chess set. Maybe you could have dinner and then take her out to the garden area and propose there. Take a look at the website, I think you will like what you see. Another outside location that is gorgeous is the courtyard at the Crescent hotel and it even has a gazebo out there. Maybe you could explain to the hotel what you want to do and they can decorate it for you with rose petals and candles.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/21/2008 11:25:00 PM
Author: Ewoodcorp
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!! She loves the zoos. We have been to the Dallas Zoo already. So that is out. she also like museums like the museum of natural science in houston. How could I tie the outdoors or something like that into something that can be memorable for her. Something that she can brag about for years.
Here''s my idea... I thought about it driving in to work yesterday morning... I LOVE IT!!!

The Fort Worth Zoo is great and in the spring is when all of their new babies are on display. Well, they also have this adoption process where you can pay like $50 to help raise a newborn. I was thinking a baby elephant, bc they live to be very old. Well, you could do this and get all the paperwork ahead of time... they send you a birth ceritifcate, a photo, and everything. You all could go there and in front of the cage you could propose by asking her if she would like to begin starting a family or whatever you come up with to say. You could have all the paperwork and the ring there when you propose. This is TOTALLY original, and I would love it if Chris did something like this for me!!! If she likes the zoo, I''m sure she would love this, and you can tell the story forever. You can even go back and visit, and watch you little offspring grow up.

PS Fort Worth Zoo is way better than the Dallas Zoo, and after you''re done you can head back to Dallas to stay the night.

Here''s the link for the adoption process if you''re interested... You can pick how much you want to donate, and then the animal. I would suggest calling and talking with someone over the phone.
https://www.fortworthzoo.org/support/adoptionb.html#list

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for the suggestions marlonsboo and meresal. I really like both ideas. Espically that baby elephant one. but I don''t wanna go and steal your idea meresal. Are you sure you wanna release control over that idea to me. LOL.
9.gif

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2008 11:09:43 AM
Author:Ewoodcorp
Hi everyone. This is my first post but I need a lot of help with this proposal idea that I have. Me and my girlfriend have been dating for 9 months. We have been talking about our wedding for quite some time. I love her with all of my heart. Her parents love me and my parents love her. now comes the hard part. The proposal. We have already bought the ring because she had the credit to get it and she gave it to me and told me to propose whenever I am ready. But don''t take forever is what she said. Now I will tell the way that I wanna propose to her

We live in San Antonio Texas but we love Dallas Texas. So we are suppose to go there for our 1 year anniversary in May. I wanted to get tickets to the Kanye West concert cause he will be in dallas on May 1st. and here I wanna propose. But the catch is that I wanna do it on stage. I want to walk out on stage with the ring in hand. In front of all the people in the stadium I wanna propose to her. Now I know that this seems crazy but I want to do this big since I want this proposal to be my first and last proposal. Does anyone know if there is a way I could get on stage. Maybe talk to the venue or try to contact Kanye. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate. Thanks.
WOW.. I am shocked that none of the ladies here have jumped all over this one... I''m gonna let it be, but Yikes!

I really love that elephant idea, so creative but not difficult to do. It would be fun to go back someday with your children and show them that elephant all grown. I think it''s a fabulous idea!!!

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
What is wrong with that sentence crookedrock?

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve just seen a lot of people on here with very strong opinions about buying rings on credit. To each their own... Does kinda sound like she wants it a little more than you??? Normally we hear stories of guys doing whatever they can to save up. I know my BF would never let me pay for the ring. But whatever works for you guys is great. NOt trying to start a debate here, just caught my attention. That''s one of the problems with the internet, you can''t really get the whole story or emotions through words on a screen...

Again though... I love the elephant idea!
19.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 9:58:56 AM
Author: CrookedRock
I''ve just seen a lot of people on here with very strong opinions about buying rings on credit. To each their own... Does kinda sound like she wants it a little more than you??? Normally we hear stories of guys doing whatever they can to save up. I know my BF would never let me pay for the ring. But whatever works for you guys is great. NOt trying to start a debate here, just caught my attention. That''s one of the problems with the internet, you can''t really get the whole story or emotions through words on a screen...

Again though... I love the elephant idea!
19.gif
What I got from this is that she returned something, and like most jewelry stores, they only give you store credit; and that is what she decided to buy with it. I may be wrong though...

Ewoodcorp: You are more than welcome to use it. It makes me giddy just to think about someone else liking it so much!! Chris wants to propose to me his own way, and that''s how I would prefer it. However, you MUST promise to take pictures!!! And being able to take your kids back, How GREAT!!! I think the elephant would be great for that, because they live for so long.

Let me know what you decide to do...

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/25/2008 11:20:48 AM
Author: meresal

What I got from this is that she returned something, and like most jewelry stores, they only give you store credit; and that is what she decided to buy with it. I may be wrong though...
Yah I wondered that, but it could go either way. I guess I just thought about my BF and how he would not be ok with that scenario... Then again, neiter would I!
25.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
He seems to be cool with it and each relationship is their own, so by all means, make the woman happy!!!

"A happy wife, makes a happy life!!!"
36.gif

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck with the proposal OP!

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
Well thank you to all. I mean it would not happen till May but I am still making sure that everything is in place. As far as the ring thing, I want to propose to her more than anything in the world but both me and her know that with the responsibities that I have it would be impossible to save up that much money by May. (She doesn''t know I am doing it in May) Trust me, I felt like half a man when she bought the ring. and if I make up the money between now and May, I will pay the ring off and it will be just like I paid for it.
36.gif

Ewoodcorp

Rough_Rock
Okay, change of plans. I am doing it later in May. Around the 12th. She wanted to go to Las Vegas because she has never been on an airplane if you can believe that. she is 20 and has nevr been on an airplane. I have been on plenty so maybe that is why it is hard for me to believe. Anyway, I was thinking about doing it in front of the Bellagio fountains when they are having the water show, but i am worried that this is cheesy and overdone. What does anyone else think? Do you have any suggestions? I appreciate all the help with the Dallas planning but we won''t be able to do it because we will be studying for finals for next week.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
just a thought in passing but if i were you two (and im not) i would work on paying off school loans instead of a ring that you put on credit. credit cards during college is really really risky business(i know this first hand) and you guys have the rest of your lives to get engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results