shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal ideas in new orleans....Help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

espodog

Rough_Rock
So I have bought the ring, bought a 7 day cruise for the both of us, and ready to start the next part of my - or our - life. The problem is I dont want to do it on the cruise ( we will always want to go back to where it happened, and how do you do that in the middle of the ocean?) and obviosly not after, so that only leaves our embarkation point - New Orleans.

If anybody is from there or is very familiar with the city I would love some input or ideas.

Thanks,
espodog

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
I'm in the same boat (hee hee hee).

I'm from new orleans. this city itself, if you go to the right places is romantic.

what is it you are looking for? a restaurant? a jazz club. the riverfront is nice.

the lobby bar of the ritz is cool.

most the places i go are bistro-ee and jazz/swing-eee, but there are a lot of sexy nice restaurants to pop question in.

espodog

Rough_Rock
yeah...I dig the whole jazzy, bistro, whatever thing...may be not necessarily a restaurant, but someplace totally different and cool - and don't say the Casbah.
2.gif

I've been to the big easy several times ( I went to College in Mobile) but nothing really pops out as a "proposal" place.

espodog

Blueman33

Shiny_Rock
depends on you.

seance room at muriels. awesome.

bombay club, the ritz lobby bar, back in a courtyard.

I'd carry the ring with you, find all the best places and when it's right, it's right

suchairman

Rough_Rock
I proposed to my fiance in New Orleans last November after a football game. I decided to go with the restaurant. I did it at Copeland of New Orleans, not far from the LA Superdome. It was very beautiful,the waiter was incorporated as well as my family and other guests in our vicinity. She still talks about how special it was to this day. I wanted to do it near the Riverside but it can get pretty dark at night (safety 1st). But Copelands was a nice candlelight restaurant. I have no complaints what-so-ever. Good Luck! keep us posted!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results