shape
carat
color
clarity

proposal ideas for Hilton Head SC?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
Ok this might be a long shot, but maybe someone here is a Hilton Head expert. Anyone have any recommended romantic spots there? I''m taking my girlfriend there the weekend of Oct 7th (surprise trip). I''d like to possibly do it on the beach, but not with many people around. So I guess nighttime will be my only option, but it might be pretty cold then.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
I ADORE Hilton Head. I have been going at least once a year for the past 16 years. (wow, I didn''t realize how long it had been!)

It gets pretty dark on the beach at night as there are really no lights around, so you may consider walking to your "spot" before sunset just so she''ll be able to see you, the ring, etc.

I personally LOVE the spot on the beach that forms the "heel" of the island. It is usually pretty private because it is a good distance from the hotels and such. Do you know where the Westin Hotel is? If you go to the beach infront of the Westin, and start walking to the left, you get to that spot in about 5-10 min, and it is PERFECT for watching the beautiful South Carolina Sunsets. It will literally make you feel like you are on your own little corner of the island (because it really is a little corner--if you look at a map, you''ll see it." There is usually some interesting looking drift wood, and a lot of time, you''ll see sea turtles right around that area just because it''s low traffic and there aren''t tons of lights. I make it a point to walk down there everytime I go.

I don''t know of any other access points right off hand other than the Westin, but I am sure there are others.

Harbor Town is really cute, and a lot of people get engaged in the light house--but to me that isn''t as romantic as the beach (but that is just because I personally am afraid of high places.)

And there are some places where they can arrange horse back riding on the beach--that could be a cool proposal.

Go Blue 99

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the tips.
I''ve heard bike riding on the beach is a common activity in Hilton Head. I was considering doing that and just looking for a quiet spot to propose. I think that would surprise her more than waiting until we are dressed up for dinner or whatever. Plus that would make sure it''s not too dark out.

But does anyone have advice on where I would hide the ring? Do I keep it in the box in my pocket? She might notice the bulge. But if I keep it loose, I would be worried about losing it or getting it scratched up. any ideas?

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, yes, there is a lot of biking on the island. That would be perfect if she is into biking and such.

As far as where to put the ring, I don''t know other than in your pocket. What time of year will you be in HH? Maybe you could wear some cargo type pants with the bigger pockets.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
How about in an empty wide mouthed waterbottle that is attached to your bike?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results