shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Ideas for Colorado

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jrl

Rough_Rock
Hello all,

This is my first post here. I just found this site and liked the ideas people gave when asked about ideas. I am planning to ask my girlfriend on a Spring Break trip in March. We are going skiing for the first time. Our destination is Winter Park, CO.

My first question is how should I ask? I was thinking either we go for a walk after dinner one night and when she gets cold I could rub her hands to warm them up and then ask, or maybe at the top of the slopes with the view around us, or in our room with a good bottle of wine or bubbly.

What I am really looking for is something I haven''t thought of yet. I like all the above ideas, but don''t love any of them. If I did, I guess I wouldn''t be asking for other ones.

The other question I have is how to get the ring there with me? Obviously, I don''t want to stow it. Should I carry it on my person in a pocket, or should I put it in my carry on? I just don''t want her to accidentally stumble onto it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JRL

jrl

Rough_Rock
I was thinking...

I think I would like to do it on top of the slope if I can find a secluded place w/a view, but then we have to get back down the mountain and to do that she has to wear her gloves. I don''t know how that would work.

I plan on giving her a book of love poems, with one or two of my own in the front, and after those pages, to cut a hole shaped like the ring. When she looks up, I will be on one knee with the ring in the box like the classic picture.

The question is still where...

Any help is appreciated.

kev_800

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/27/2007 9:11:44 PM
Author: jrl
I was thinking...

I think I would like to do it on top of the slope if I can find a secluded place w/a view, but then we have to get back down the mountain and to do that she has to wear her gloves. I don''t know how that would work.

I plan on giving her a book of love poems, with one or two of my own in the front, and after those pages, to cut a hole shaped like the ring. When she looks up, I will be on one knee with the ring in the box like the classic picture.

The question is still where...

Any help is appreciated.
I have a friend who just proposed to his girlfriend while skiing in the Alps. They just skiid off to the side into the trees and he asked her there, looking out with a great view. If you''re skiing I think there will be a great view no matter where you are... that sounds like a great idea! So long as the diamond you got isn''t so large she can''t wear a ski-glove I think you''ll be OK :)

bujiatang

Rough_Rock
Pablo Neruda wrote some beautiful poetry if you''re looking for an author. We read one of his love sonnets at our wedding.

perhaps try wiping out where she can see you, so that she stops. and then while getting up, on one knee, perhaps she''ll ask if you are okay, and with something like "If''ll you''ll marry me" open the box.

dmbfan

Shiny_Rock

I''m in CO, let me know what you need.

I spent my Honey moon there and did a bunch of stuff.

You can take the lift up to a restaurant and you will get unbelievable views. There are snowmobile tours that take you up to the continental divide and there are some amazing views up there. There are hot air balloon rides that are also amazing, and that would be a great secluded place where you can get the pilot to take pics of you....

let me know what else you need, plenty of other places depending on how long you are here.

jrl

Rough_Rock
What is the name of the restaurant at the top of the slope? I didn''t know there was one at the top. My biggest dillema now is how to carry the book of poetry around with me till I decide to pop the question. The book isn''t huge, but she will probly notice the bulge in my coat.

The ring is a 1.21 carat G SI2. The mount is Tacori and it is a solitare so it is pretty tall. i don''t think it will fit under a glove, but I could be wrong. If not, I guess proposing on the actual slope is out...

jrl

Rough_Rock
Oops, VS2. I get those mixed up in my head sometimes.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you want to propose on the slope (which I think is adorable BTW), could you put the ring on a chain? It would be safer to give it to her if it''s on a chain because there will be less of a chance she would drop it, then she could wear it and wear her gloves on the way down!

To answer your other question on how to bring it with you, it would probably be best if you could have it in a carry on bag, but beware: Make sure to bring a small backpack or something because planes are getting really strict about carryons and if it is too big they might ask you to let them check it at the last minute and that would be BAD. So if you can bring something smaller like a backpack, without arousing suspicion, that''s the best. I would be hesitant to keep it on you simply because of the metal detectors. Although wedding jewelry shouldn''t make it go off, what IF you have to empty your pockets in front of her? If the ring is in there, that could be bad news.

Good luck!

Trelala

Shiny_Rock
Just want to warn you about the dangerous combination of gloves and rings. My cousin had her ering on and her hands were gloved. She was playing in the snow and eventually took off her glove. Unfortunately, the ring came off as well, never to be seen again.
So a chain sounds like a good idea. Make sure the ring''s insured? Have the ring correctly sized? But even that''s no guarantee as cold fingers tend to shrink...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results