shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

csqg

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Well it has been awhile since my last proposal idea which fell through. I was going to New Zealand in February but that fell through. My GF and I ended up in Phuket but I didn't have enough time to plan it. So now I have about 55 days to get ready for take 1.5.

Okay...so here are my ideas. We are heading to Europe for 14 days Munich, Passau to Vienna (Danube bike ride) and Praque. I plan to have a camcorder recording the moment, excuse will be want to capture "scenery".
1. Ballon ride in Passau and proposal while in the air
2. Proposal at a Hotel Rose's terrace http://www.hotelrose.mariataferl.at/images/terrasse.GIF
3. Proposal on the bike ride and just hope for a perfect spot/moment http://www.biketoursdirect.com//?location=tourdetail&tid=11
4. Dinner river cruise in Praque
5. On top of Prague castle with the beautifu view of the city in the background.
6. While riding the ferris wheel in Vienna during the night http://www.wienerriesenrad.com/cgi-bin/tagnacht.cgi?sprache=deutsch&site=home.htm
7. On top of the Donauturn tower in Vienna http://www.donauturm.at/

Any feedback will be great.
I plan to buy a substitute ring because I am scared that I will misplace the real thing (also can't buy the ring in Taiwan).
Thanks,
csqg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock

I am such a sucker for the balloon ride or ferris wheel ideas because I was secretly hoping my bf would propose that way. The castle in Prague and the tower in Vienna sounds great too. You have to post pictures no matter what you choose!

ETA: I looked at the website for the tower and it is cool but I don't think it would be exactly right for the proposal. So my vote is balloon, ferris wheel, or castle!

Scooba

Shiny_Rock

Evie75

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/25/2006 1:19:41 PM
Author: Diamonds are Hot!

I agree

Castle totally!!

csqg

Rough_Rock
One last thing.

Do you think it is important to proposal on her birthday?

Is so then option 3 is the only one - Proposal on the bike ride and just hope for a perfect spot/moment http://www.biketoursdirect.com//?location=tourdetail&tid=11

If not, then:
Passau ballon ride is at the beginning
Vienna is in the middle
Prague is at the end of the vacation

Thanks,
csqg

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I think it would be better to propose at the beginning of the vacation so you will be less nervous and you can just relax and the rest of your vacation will be a celebration of your engagement!

jldunn

Rough_Rock
I''d go for the bike ride. The balloon and the castle all sound great, but there''s not a huge window of opportunity there. Balloons can be kind of cramped too, no room to kneel down, balloon operator rubbing elbows with you. Castle will likely have other tourists running around too. The bike ride should be easy to find a nice private spot.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Is your girl a gung-ho outdoors type? Some girls wouldn''t want to be hot and sweaty wearing bike shorts for their proposal. Plus I know a lot of girls that wouldn''t want to be proposed to on their birthday, though I wouldn''t mind. I still think the earlier the better so you can relax!

froufrou

Shiny_Rock
the castle!!! castles are romantic :)

dont do the ferris wheel or the balloon because you might be a little rushed since those have time frames.

dont do it on her birthday, before is better.

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
I definitely vote for #5, propose by the castle in Prague!

I''ve been there, and it is seriously beautiful. If you do it during the day, yes there will be tourists around, but there are also plenty of out of the way areas you can be alone, with great views. Lots of cobblestone streets around the castle, lots of stairs leading to the castle, etc. Lots of romantic little cafes, little nooks, it''d be perfect. You can even propose as you''re walking to or from the castle, on the Charles Bridge. It''s a wonderful bridge many people walk over, very romantic, great around sunset.

And I have the perfect restaurant for you to go to afterwards (or after you go back to your hotel and change for the night), it''s called Kampa Park and its right on the river, with great views, its romantic, and the food is amazing. You can check out their website at kampapark dot com

Here''s a description:
"Kampa Park is Prague''s premiere fine dining establishment. A favorite of local and international celebrities, this upscale restaurant delivers sumtous gourmet cuisine that includes world-class fish and meat delicacies paired with over 150 types of wines. Diners can choose between stylish dining rooms or the intimate riverside terrace overlooking Charles Bridge."

prague and charles bridge.jpg

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a picture of the restaurant. It''s right on the river, actually pretty close to the Charles Bridge too.

kampapark.jpg

Scooba

Shiny_Rock
I would not want the proposal to be on my birthday. That''s like having your birthday be on Christmas. Her birthday is her God-given day to be the center of attention and get gifts, so you should already be doing that that day, she should have another special day instead of having her share her birthday with her proposal day. That''s just me!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the castle idea - I do. I would choose it as my favorite, BUT...it's at the end of your trip and I think a proposal at the beginning would be much better because (a) you don't have to worry about it, or losing the ring, etc and (b) it would be so nice to be on the vacation and BE engaged during it - it will make the whole thing sweeter, trust me!!! So I vote balloon!!!

csqg

Rough_Rock
Thanks for all the advice.

ellewoods -- that restaurant looks amazing... I will definitely go there.. thanks.

I have time to decide on the proposal place. Everyone gave great advice. I can see it being better at the beginning. So it is unfortunate that Prague is at the end of the trip.

I will do some more research on Passau. I will definitely need to decide soon. My god -- find a great proposal idea is so hard.

So for now, I have decided not to do it on her birthday.

csqg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results