shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BOBBIE

Rough_Rock
I need some ideas here. A very dear friend of my has decided to pop the question to his soulmate. Since his girlfriend thinks that he will not do it in public or around his us. He wants to do it in a place where she will least expect. We all are planning on going bowling so he wants to do it then. Any ideas on how he should or could do it? He is going to buy her ring today.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Um allow me to play devil's advocate here for a second?

BOWLING?!!!

There's a reason she would least expect it while bowling - that's just not very romantic. Also, is she maybe not expecting him to propose in public because she does not want him to?

Just my 2 cents... but I would be pretty disappointed if I had been waiting for a proposal a long time, and it came at a bowling alley.

P.S. Maybe it's just me, I don't like any kind of "sports" proposal, I always think the guy is doing it more for his own benefit.

BOBBIE

Rough_Rock
I know, I know. But that's how he wants to do it. They both are very close to me. I wanted to suggest going bowling first then we all back to my house and that's when he can do it. But its his day and the only thing I can do is support him. As far as she goes. Trust me! she wants that public annoucement. My husband who is really good at things like is also having a hard time coming up with a way to do it at a bowling alley. I thought maybe we could go very early before it got crowded. Help! I want that day to be special for her.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
If you can't talk your friend out of proposing at the bowling alley, maybe you and your husband could get there early and have champagne waiting, decorate your alley with roses, etc.

Does she LIKE bowling?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Have you considered making ANY PLACE romantic with flowers, candle light and low lighting....maybe even in a bowling alley. Hey, it's the effort and the attempt to make something romantic. Hoping that when married, he can still make a bowling alley romantic...if he CAN, I say he's a keeper!
9.gif

NY SPARKLE

Rough_Rock
Bowling? Hard to make romantic but not impossible. hmmmm....

What about finding a ball with large holes and putting the ring into one of the holes. Then give her the ball and tell her this one is perfect for you to use. Then drop to one knee, ask, and his friends could come over w/wine and flowers.(play romantic songs on the bowling alley juke box)

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
oooh, just a little nervous about getting ring wedged in a bowling ball hole. Maybe wrapping the ring in a cute tissue paper packet (no box), and tie it to the bowling shoes shoelaces. I would put it in the shoe...but Lord knows whose stinky feet were in there!
14.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results