shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Idea

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Okay, I have an idea that I wanted to pass by everyone. I am struggling coming up with a good idea on how to propose and, to be honest, I have a very hard time sharing my thoughts and emotions on the fly. In addition, I have been struggling with how to make this a suprise. What I thought I''d do is the following. My GF''s birthday is coming up in April. I plan on getting her an Ipod Nano that she''s been looking at for quite some time. I thought about wrapping it up and giving it to her while we go on a walk in her favorite park. After she opens it I''ll have her play a "song" that I''ve put on it for her. The "song" will actually be a recording of how I feel about us and all the fun mushy stuff that comes along with. I''ll then end it with happy birthday and a pause that says "one more thing" will you marry me and I''ll have the ring waiting for her. I plan on having some flowers hidden in the park ahead of time.

any thoughts? too corny? too non-personal?

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
hello, based on the fact that no one has responded I''ll take that as a hint and rethink my plan. I''d love to figure out something to do at the park that she goes to. It''s an arboretum that she goes to all the time. I know that many people here don''t recommend a birthday proposal and I understand that as well so I''ll rethink the timing. The first time I got engaged we had a roommate at the time that said she would only keep the secret (of the ring) for one day and I ended up proposing at a Bob Evan''s restaurant at breakfast (long story, not relevant here). I just want to make sure this proposal is more thought out and has a memorable impact on my GF.

jim

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Awwww, I actually really like the idea! It is very unique and personal. I would be more than happy with a proposal like that!

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
Awww, that''s a great idea! I got goosebumps just thinking about it. Two thumbs up!
21.gif

babygirl

Shiny_Rock
I think your proposal idea is SO sweet! I love that you''d be giving her a bday present (which might throw her off of the proposal) and then taking her to her favorite park. And the part I reallllly like is that your proposal would then be a track on her ipod. Hahaha, because it it were me, I''d totally just walk around listening to the proposal on repeat on all the time!!!
30.gif

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that was really creative, especially if you have a hard time expressing your feelings, it easier to do and record than in person. I also agree that it''s a good idea to not make the enegagement ring the actual birthday gift. Instead use the Ipod for that. I say go for it and best of luck and let us know how it goes.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the support. I managed to complete the video this weekend. I didn''t write a script or anything, I just "shot from the hip" and let the words flow. I also added a title page and an ending "scripts" page with music. It''s so hard for me to watch it. Although I want to be romantic and emotional, it''s not always the easiest for me. I just found out that my gf wants to visit a local winery for a tasting and tour and then dinner. This may fit even better into my plans and I''ve emailed the restaurant to see if they can help me out. It''s extraordinarily small and they only have seating for fifty or so people. The ipod is on it''s way and I''ve managed to convert the video to match the itouch specs so I think that will work. so very nervous...this is going to be a long week....

jim

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
hi aveda6 :)

i really like your plan and think it''s very romantic. but there''s one thing i''d change....

just so she never has ANY regrets (because ''The Proposal'' is like a sacred memory for women!) i''d do exactly as stated but -when you get tot he ''one more thing...'' place...have the recording stop there, and ask her the question yourself. she deserves to see and hear those words come directly out of your mouth! and so long as all the emotional, complicated stuff gets said on the ipod, it wont be too difficult just to stutter out "will you marry me".

some guys dont want to have to speak the words because they''re afraid of getting emotional - but that''s what girls want to see! i want to SEE my husband get all choked up when he tells me he loves me, and when he re-presents me with our remade wedding rings this september for our 25th wedding anniversary, i''m hoping he''s crying just as much as me.

it''s not weak, or soft, or effeminate. it takes a strong person to show their feelings, and "I love you - will you marry me?" is about the best gift you can ever give the woman you love. try to make it as personal as possible.

good luck!! (and i saw - and loved! - your ring on the smtr thread - lovely!)

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/31/2009 12:08:57 AM
Author: whitby_2773
hi aveda6 :)

i really like your plan and think it''s very romantic. but there''s one thing i''d change....

just so she never has ANY regrets (because ''The Proposal'' is like a sacred memory for women!) i''d do exactly as stated but -when you get tot he ''one more thing...'' place...have the recording stop there, and ask her the question yourself. she deserves to see and hear those words come directly out of your mouth! and so long as all the emotional, complicated stuff gets said on the ipod, it wont be too difficult just to stutter out ''will you marry me''.

some guys dont want to have to speak the words because they''re afraid of getting emotional - but that''s what girls want to see! i want to SEE my husband get all choked up when he tells me he loves me, and when he re-presents me with our remade wedding rings this september for our 25th wedding anniversary, i''m hoping he''s crying just as much as me.

it''s not weak, or soft, or effeminate. it takes a strong person to show their feelings, and ''I love you - will you marry me?'' is about the best gift you can ever give the woman you love. try to make it as personal as possible.

good luck!! (and i saw - and loved! - your ring on the smtr thread - lovely!)

I totally agree!

The "will u marry me" must be said in person, looking into her eyes, in complete earnest loving seriousness =D All other parts are just the frosting on the cake, and your idea is lovely!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/29/2009 10:28:49 PM
Author: aveda6
thank you for the support. I managed to complete the video this weekend. I didn''t write a script or anything, I just ''shot from the hip'' and let the words flow. I also added a title page and an ending ''scripts'' page with music. It''s so hard for me to watch it. Although I want to be romantic and emotional, it''s not always the easiest for me. I just found out that my gf wants to visit a local winery for a tasting and tour and then dinner. This may fit even better into my plans and I''ve emailed the restaurant to see if they can help me out. It''s extraordinarily small and they only have seating for fifty or so people. The ipod is on it''s way and I''ve managed to convert the video to match the itouch specs so I think that will work. so very nervous...this is going to be a long week....

jim

things are falling into place! good luck with your proposal, it sounds wonderful!

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the advice. I agree that the last part should be spoken so I''ve changed that. Also, since we''re going to a winery tomorrow I''ve talked to the manager and she''s helping arrange a nice table and I''m having flowers delivered to be on the table when we finish the winery tour. The manager suggested a nice spot to propose so hopefully this will all work out. I''m starting to freak out now as I know this will be a complete surprise to her and she may think it''s a bit early in our relationship but we''ve been mostly living together for the past 6-8 months and we''ve talked about getting married and what and where the wedding will be.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results