shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea: Popping the question using human formation

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1031Prime

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

I am shopping for the ring right now, and in parallel planning for the proposal for August.
Here is my draft idea.

My girl friend and I are both quite active at church. I am a counselor for a student group of high school and college students, and she leads another group of our age. Both groups meet at the same time on Friday evenings (8:00 pm to around 10:30 pm) in separate locations, with a 5 minute driving distance.

I am a guitarist and I am going to write her a song. However to make it more special, my piano friends will teach me how to play just this song with the piano. She knows that I do not know anything about pianos.

Since most of my students are VISA students, they always need rides, and usually I need to ask my girl friend to help driving them home after the gatherings. I will pick a Friday night and ask my students to ask my girl friend to drive them home, and request her to come to the church basement (where the student group meets) to help "pick up" something (which is not a lie, as she is going to "pick up" a ring!).

When she pushes the door open she will see me at the piano playing her the song. I am going to ask my male students to form the question "Will you marry" and possibly the "?", with me in between.

How does this idea sound? Hopefully this will not only be a great personal experience for my girl friend and myself, but also a good testimony for my students and whoever I am going to invite to witness the "moment".

I would greatly appreciate if someone can forward me a website or two for how to form human alphabets
19.gif

Our anniversary is Aug 6th (Wed), so I think if I make my proposal the very same Friday (Aug 8th) my girl friend would expect it the least.

My girl friend lives with her brother who is graduating from college in June. My girl friend''s parents live in Asia and at least her mom will come in May/June to attend her brother''s convocation and that would be my golden chance to ask for the permission (yes I am old style) which is the toughest part of this whole thing.

Any comment is welcome!!

Thanks,
1031Prime

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow you have really put a lot of thought into this...
36.gif
I have another suggestion...in case you can''t get your humans to do what you need your humans to do...(because in my minds eye I would think she would have to have a seat such as the box seats at some stadium, and that far away in order to make out the letter of the human forms?) Or am I just being too pessimistic?

I thought of another idea which actually may give you more options. You can take signs..held by THE HUMANIODS...and the signs can have two sides...one side lets say is a white side and has letters or figures in black print...the black side has similar in white print. You could spell out one scripture...such as 1 Cor 13 or this one..."He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from the LORD." Proverbs 18:22. OR may not that one may give you away...there is so much treasure in Proverbs...surely you can find something appropriate to you two....

Say in some sort of a skit/play type thing, where people are changing positions and the letters are upside down or jumbled or what ever and then..you do something that corrects them...and the signs line up to spell out a Proverb or something....and then.....when all the madness and craziness stops, your music starts and the cards are flipped over in proper spelling and phrase and that is where she will read...WILL YOU MARRY ME. This way (with the signs) she won''t be scratching her head trying to figure out why Johnny''s arm is not the proper position to form the letter U...etc.

And another thought...when she is asked how you asked her to marry you...she can say, She saw a sign!! Ha Ha!! I just crack myself up!
2.gif

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
I read the first post to mean that the OP planned on using letter cards like DKS suggested, but in any case...

IT''S FANTASTIC!

I actually thought for a split second there that the OP could be my BF with a new PS ID when I read the part about teaching in church, cuz that''s exactly what we do too. I love the original idea, and DKS''s fabulous scripture/jumble idea added to it! If I were the GF, I would be overjoyed that you took the time to think about the perfect scripture verse, and would cherish the verse my BF chose for all my life. I also love my kids, so incorporating your students into the plan will surely be a plus. It''s definitely more of a celebration! And as you noted, it''ll be a great experience for the students too. Just as long as some privacy is ensured later
2.gif
, since a proposal really is a personal moment for most gals.

I''m so excited for you!!! How are you going to keep it to yourself for half a year??
9.gif
It''s so sweet of you to give it so much thought. You have to remember us in 6 months and tell us how it goes! Best of luck to you!!

1031Prime

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for your comments and encouragements!!

DKS -- I really liked the black/white board idea and thank you very much for the Proverbs verse. Now I''m considering to ask the boys to use this method to display the lyrics of my song while I''m singing it to my GF. Though I doubt if she would be looking at them cause most likely she''ll have her eyes on me :)
Again, I absolutely love the scripture that DKS quoted and I will see if I can incorporate that into the song.

For those interested I found a very useful site about "human alphabets":
http://mattus.web-log.nl/vibe_visual_brand_experie/2007/07/human_alphabet.html
Many of the positions are too sexual ... But I''ve already have it in mind how to modify them.

Here is my estimated human count needed to pose "WILL U MARRY", with some poses simplified/modified to my liking:
W - 4
I - 1
L - 2
L - 2

U - 3

M - 4
A - 1
R - 2
R - 2
Y - 1

That is a minimum of 22 people. I''m not short of students, but as DKS has pointed out, I have a limited space. If I am to stick with this idea I may need the students to form two walls (one displaying "WILL U", and the other "MARRY") at an right angle or something.

1031Prime

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Many of the positions are too sexual

Oh dear...this is just wrong on so many levels.
32.gif

She is going to first see WHAT ARE THESE KIDS DOING? I leave you alone with these kids and look what you taught them!

Is there any really big place you can do this? So you don''t have to point out start reading on this wall first...then go to this wall? I know you really want to incorporate the piano and that is reason you are going to be there...is there perhaps a window in that room and the kids can be outside forming the letters? Maybe you need a 23rd person with a big red ball...She says follow the bouncing ball and read along...

Oh another thing...you can buy shirts for around $3.99 all one color so it takes away from the different clothing and distractions they will be wearing. All black or white or ask them to wear black...or all red

I really am worried it is going to not go well for you if you cram all the body''s and positions in a small space. You will have to do far more explaining and loose the spur of the moment spontenaety. You could get them to perform the letters in the middle of the room, like cheerleaders...??? I wish I had your vision to help you more.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Oh DKS you always crack me up!!
25.gif
Reminds me of Disney sing-alongs.

Dude, go with the letters. You don''t want her confused at this all important moment! And with the human letters, what if she ends up humming YMCA inside instead of the song you wrote... LOL jk. If you really want to do human letters, how about doing with hands? I just tried it out, and it works nicely if you use lower case for just the "r"s in MARRY. Gosh I''m a dork.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Glad to be assistance....
2.gif
On vacation!!

Prime...Is there any way you can do a trial run with your human forms...you know maybe it is someones bday...or something. I would think that if you did it during your time...with the kids, it is possible no one would put two and two together for the actual proposal to follow months from now.

Maybe you could incorporate it every week in some sort of game. Not sure what your do there...but if a question of memory say a certain scripture is read...and they must reveal that specific book in the bible...and the students together come up with say Matthew...or Genesis..and they have to spell it out in form...this way NO ONE will know your plans and you can see a trial run in that room?

1031Prime

Rough_Rock
DKS,

Yes I will definitely rehearse before the real thing, no matter what the final approach is!
In fact, I am going to tell my students everything about my plans and ask them to brainstorm for me to polish it, probably 2 to 3 wks before my proposal. I want them to be a part of the planning.

1031Prime

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Wow....you must really trust those kids.

I don''t know many who can trust a small amount of close family members in not spilling the beans. Good luck with that!

LegacyGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ditto

Everyone in my circle has a big mouth
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results