shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea - opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

crease123

Rough_Rock
Is proposing on Independence day - with all the fireworks and such, a cheesy idea?

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Hi crease
9.gif

Care to elaborate?

Does your g/f really love the I.D. fireworks? Is it something you always do together?
Do you plan to just plunk her down on a blanket, and pop the big question?

If the fireworks are in full tilt, make sure she can really HEAR you over the noise. You don''t want her saying:

"HUH??? What did you just say???"...at that crucial romantic moment
9.gif

It''s not cheesy at all...just make sure to PLAN AHEAD, and bring the champagne for when she utters a "YES!"
36.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think it''s cheesy. Everyone loves fireworks. It will make the night special and romantic.

It sure beats going to dinner and then for dessert presenting her with "the carat cake". Not that I''m against that. It''s just not the most original idea.

It will definitely be loud and that might ruin the moment. How about when the fireworks are in full swing, you get down on your knee and open the box. Instead of the ring, there will be a note: "I love you. Will you be my wife?"
Then you can take the ring out of your pocket and slip it onto her finger when she says yes. That way, words won''t be necessary.
And I definitely second the champagne idea!

sweetliloldme

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 11:12:18 AM
Author:crease123
Is proposing on Independence day - with all the fireworks and such, a cheesy idea?
not AT ALL. adorable.
9.gif

crease123

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for the response! I wondered about the champagne idea before too, but couldn''t figure out how to hide it (don''t want her to see it, she knows the proposal is coming and she could figure it out if she sees it).

Suggestions guys? The blanket idea sounds good!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Pack a picnic, that way you can hide the champagne in the basket underneath all the other stuff.

Vancity

Shiny_Rock
Hey crease
35.gif

OK, I must be a total foodie, cause I don't go anywhere without packin' tasty goodies, and a bottle of champagne
9.gif

Hmmm...would it be totally unusual for you to bring along a picnic dinner for the fireworks? You have to eat, right?
9.gif

The fact that YOU are bringing dinner would be a very nice treat for your lady.

Your Pic-i-nic Basket (said in Yogi Bear voice) could hide/contain all the necessary celebratory treats such as champagne.

At this time of year, places like Target will have really cute baskets. (Once you're engaged, the basket will serve as a special momento that you can use over & over again
9.gif
)

The food doesn't have to be anything really fancy or expensive...hit up your local supermarket...they will have everything you need. Good bread, cheese, pastries, etc.

Tell the deli girls you're proposing. I'd bet they would just LOVE to help a guy out *wink*

Keep us posted, my friend!
36.gif

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the idea of a proposal on the 4th of July. You can put the champagne in a backpack with some “blue ice” or an ice pack or two to keep it chilled. Put your blanket to sit on top of it so if your FF asks “what’s in the back pack” you could say, “oh, our blanket” . . . . A WHOLE month to prep for it. Your proposal will be GREAT!
1.gif

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2009 10:53:33 PM
Author: 16ocean
I LOVE the idea of a proposal on the 4th of July. You can put the champagne in a backpack with some “blue ice” or an ice pack or two to keep it chilled. Put your blanket to sit on top of it so if your FF asks “what’s in the back pack” you could say, “oh, our blanket” . . . . A WHOLE month to prep for it. Your proposal will be GREAT!
1.gif
Ditto. My other half propsed in Paris, France at the Eiffel Tower (total surprise) and it wasn''t cheey at all. People started taking pictures of us and it was soooo lovely
1.gif

Let us know how it all goes
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results