shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal idea in Washington D.C.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Hi guys, I want to propose to my girl on her birthday on Oct 25th. I am planning to take her out to this elite restaurent "1789" (yeah, that is the name) in Georgetown, Washington DC. My girl already knows that I am going to be proposing to her sometime soon. Inspite of her knowing this, I still want my proposal to be cute and romantic. I initially thought that I would take her for a walk along the potomac river after our dinner, and propose but the weather forecast is not looking good. It might rain. Please help me out guys.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
BTW, I have a 1.52 carat, VS1, H color Princess cut diamond worth $8900 to make her excited.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
I would call 1789 and talk to them. There was a statistic in the Washingtonian a year ago or so stating that 1789 had the largest number of proposals on the premises of any DC restaurant. I'm sure they have the experience to arrange something spectacular or recommend a nearby weather-proof location.

I think going along the Potomac would be a great place to propose, however. I think it is supposed to rain on Sunday but not Monday here--so you'd be okay. If it does rain, you could duck in Sequoia for a drink. You'd still have the gorgeous views of the river, but you'd be covered.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Thank you abradabra. I read an idea on this forum, in which someone suggested to have "Will you marry me " as an item on the menu. If the girl notices it, it will be so romantic. If she doesn't, I can point out "How about this one?" and she will be all excited, I can pop out the ring. But the question is whether a reputed restaurant like 1789 would agree to print a menu with what I want. Would they? Do restaurants generally go to this extent to satisfy customers? Of course I am ready to pay for that special menu, which I can take home after the proposal.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Only one way to find out... ask them. Sometimes restaurants print out 'specials' inserts, but usually places 1789 make their wait staff memorize them and tell you outright.

G-Towne isn't too far from the mall. You could do it in front of the new WWII fountain. It's pretty nice at night. Lincoln at one end, Washington at the other.

However, 2 big items like restaurant and walk on the mall might be too much setup for even the most clueless not to figure out.

Listen to what most of the women have said though. Men value the big surprise more than women. Even when they see it coming... the anticipation is worth it for them. Good luck!

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Well, you won't know unless you ask, but I'd imagine they would be pretty accomodating.

Another idea (which is variation of something I saw Dr. 90210, I must confess) would be to have the proposal written on the dessert plate. This plastic surgeon had taken his pregnant wife out to a nice dinner and had the dessert plate read (in chocolate sauce) "To my beautiful wife Hayley, thanks for everything..." or something to that effect.

You could easily ask the restaurant to write "Will you marry me?" or another special message on the plate in chocolate or some other decorative sauce. As the plate is set in front of her, you could get on one knee and present the ring. Or have the ring already be on the dessert plate (what a great cake topper!).

Call 1789 though... They might have even better suggestions!

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Great Ideas. Thanks a lot guys. I like the abradabra's "proposal on desert plate" idea. It should be easy to do. Thanks abradabra. I am going to talk to the restaurant people today. Lets see what other ideas they might have. I am little nervous on this whole thing, but on the happy side. Please do drop a line if you get more new ideas. Thanks again.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Sooooooo, how did it go? When do we get ring pics?

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Hi abradabra, thanks for your interest. Unfortunately, I didn't propose as I had planned to. The reason being that I found that she was cheating on me. And, maybe, she thought that I knew all about her, she has been missing for about 7 days now. I know everything sounds wierd. She lives with her parents, and she didn't show up at her home for the last 7 days, with her car still parked in front of her house. She is alive as one her sisters happen to spot her in a mall on Saturday. I am not mad or anything at her. Inspite of me ready to listen to her and forget everything and move on, she didn't want to talk to me or any of her family members. I left her several messages on her cellphone. I had to leave her "birthday wishes" as a voicemail. I have spending time with her family. Her mom told me that my girl loves me so much and she doesn't want to lose me. But I don't understand what I should do, and why she is doing all these things. We have together for 4+ years. I haven't called her for the last 2 days, as I am sick and tired of leaving messages on her cellphone. This should be unusual for her as she can't stand not talking to me, or at least hearing my voice messages. As far as I am concerned, I love her so much, but I don't know whether I trust her anymore. My brain says that I should forget her and move on, but my heart is ready to forgive her and take her back as long as she won't do it again. I am ready to listen to her explanations if she decides to come back, but with cautious optimism. Her parents like me so much that they really think that I am her man, and they really want to be their son-in-law. I love her family too. It has been so hard for the last 7 days for me as well as her family. She has never left her home like this before. Women are the ones that generally dream of proposal days and what not, but here I am, with my dreams squashed to the ground. I hope God will help me get through this tough situation. And if you can, please pray for me.

abradabra

Shiny_Rock
Kevin, I am so sorry to hear your news... I hope that you hear from her soon and that she is safe! Hopefully you two will be able to resolve your issues in the way that will make you happiest in the long run, either by staying together or parting ways. Perhaps it is a good thing that you found out this information now, so you have the opportunity to work on it before you are engaged rather than after...

I'm glad to hear that her family is so supportive of you (a rare find!) and again, I wish you the best of luck, whatever that may be.

kevinraja

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your support abradabra. I will keep you updated if anything good happens.

yanekie25

Shiny_Rock
I know this old, but I just read it and was moved. I hope you have been able to find her and regardless of the decision get some closure.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results