shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Idea advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cryckman

Rough_Rock
Ok, so I''m nervous about making this a very special moment and I feel like I have several different great opportunities to propose and could use some input and adviceas to which one might be the best.

First of all, I want to ask around Christmas time or New Years.

So here is our itinerary for December:

December 21 - 23 - travel to North Carolina to a cabin in the woods to celebrate Christmas with MY family.

December 24 -25 - Celebrate Christmas with HER family here in Nashville.

December 30 - January 2 - Travel to Chicago (just the two of us) to celebrate New Years together ALONE.

I think asking her somewhere out in the woods in NC would be a good idea, but also think that waiting until we are alone in CHI would be perfect as well.

One of her Christmas presents (besides the trip to CHI) is a "Message Connextion" bracelet that she has always wanted. It has an envelope on it where you can put personalized engraving messages inside of it. I have already had an engraving made that says "Will you marry me???"

So I want to use this engraving to actually ask her, whether that be sneaking it into her bracelet and telling her to look inside when I''m ready to get down on one knee, or just wrapping it up and giving it to her while I have the ring all ready. The problem is that I''m going to give her the bracelet for Christmas. If I give it to her then but am going to wait until Chicago, it might not work out as well as if the bracelet already had the message in it and when she opened it, and looked inside, I got down on one knee.

Please anyone, help me figure out (taking into account the itinerary and the engraving) when, how, and what way would be the best way to make this the most memorable for her.

Thanks

stickyj_1820_1583693.jpg

amyi

Rough_Rock
I think that envelope is the cutest thing and a great way to ask her. She''ll always have that as a memento. I love it!
As she''s opening the envelope get down on one knee and present the ring.
As for the timing, I think a romantic walk in the woods in NC would be perfect. Then she can show off her ring to your family and then her family later on.

Good luck!

roadpupp

Rough_Rock
As stated above, if you want to share it with your families right away, then do it in NC. This would probably be my choice.

I proposed on vacation and it was a little anti climactic to see my parents two weeks later, and her''s a month later after they had known about it for so long.

If you really want it to be a private moment and be able to wrap yourselves in it for a day or so one on one, then the Chicago option makes sense.

I my case, I was the latter of the two and really enjoyed being alone with my new fiancee. I was wanting to share the news though, and it was tough by phone from Mexico!

Sorry. I may not have helped much, but those are my perspectives.

Good luck. It''s fun!!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
as a female, I think I would vote for in the woods in NC... that way you can share with both families (and she can show off her ring!), and celebrate your whole trip to chicago!

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
YEAH!, i would definitely agree with the one in North Carolina (as the previous submission said), Think about how thrilled she will be to be able to actually show both families her E-Ring. if you don''t, then, she will have to call either your family or her family to share the news. So...bro, i would go with doing it early in North Carolina. All the best!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results