shape
carat
color
clarity

PROPOSAL HELP!??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

substud

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone-

Well it''s offical, i''ve out thought myself... I have the ring coming in the next week or so and I wanted to ask my gf to be my wife...

I''m completely lost at what to do for her... she''s a very simple woman.
Doesn''t need anything to fancy over over the top. It just needs to be heartfelt and true!!

We met over 2yrs ago at a local resturant/bar (definitly nothing fancy)-
Our first date was nothing out of the ordinary just dinner & movie.

Now my birthday is weekend of 3/14- we will be with some of my family and our friends to celebrate my birthday. I had thought about incorporating them/that somehow.

I had ideas and they''ve gone out the window...i''m starting to freak out.

i need some standard suggestions---- some things to do with that?

I lost-

njseeker

Shiny_Rock
Hi substud!

First of all congratulations! Don''t sweat it too much. I think if you stress over your idea the creative juices won''t flow as well. I''m a big list person so I think writing lists are helpful. Based on your description... she''s a simple woman, nothing over the top but would appreciate something heartfelt and true.... I would start by researching yourself and creating something heartfelt and true... may be start by writing a list or paragraph of things that you love about your gf, expand it as much as possible to include not only attributes but things that she does for you that you love, things that both of you have done, things that are special for you, places that both of you visited that were special, how you met, what does she enjoy doing together... anything and everything. After you''ve created this list and only after... I would then try to see if there was a common theme or thread among all of your facts and experiences that you might be able to weave together...

My belief is not that this will magically form into an idea for your proposal but I think the more you sit down and think about it and bounce ideas off of people the more your idea will naturally form.

Last but not least... the first thread in this forum has a bunch of beautiful past proposals that might help you develop your own but I personally would look at that last.

Good luck and we''re here for you!

ps I had my parents and my f''s parents waiting for us to celebrate after the proposal... boy did I get some major bonus points for incorporating all of them in that day.

SailorsSweet<3

Brilliant_Rock
there was a proposal on here a while ago where a guy asked his girlfriend for one last thing for his birthday - her hand in marriage. Maybe you can work with that?

blastdoor

Shiny_Rock
i think beauty is in simplicity... and there is nothing more beautiful and heartfelt than some well thought out words...

the birthday is perfect, especially if there''s gonna be a cake... imagine...

candles are lit.. people are wishing good wishes.. she''s standing next to you and you just made your wish... turn around and say something like...

"dear... i can''t imagine myself having lived X years of my life without you... i''m not gonna make that mistake again..."

at this point take out the ring, go down, and...

"will you live the rest of your life with me?"

just a very rough cut idea... but hope it can offer you some inspirations..
21.gif

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2009 7:26:14 AM
Author: blastdoor
i think beauty is in simplicity... and there is nothing more beautiful and heartfelt than some well thought out words...

the birthday is perfect, especially if there''s gonna be a cake... imagine...

candles are lit.. people are wishing good wishes.. she''s standing next to you and you just made your wish... turn around and say something like...

''dear... i can''t imagine myself having lived X years of my life without you... i''m not gonna make that mistake again...''

at this point take out the ring, go down, and...

''will you live the rest of your life with me?''

just a very rough cut idea... but hope it can offer you some inspirations..
21.gif

GREAT IDEA!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results