shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal @ Hawaiin Luau

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
My girlfriend and I work as partners in a large financial services company. We recently won an incentive trip to Waikiki and will be leaving this weekend. I have already received the blessing from her parents.

The company has scheduled a luau for the 1,500 people that will be attending. The luau is taking place on the 12th of February. I have a good feeling she is expecting a proposal in Hawaii because we have been talking about marriage. I do want to surprise her so I have spoken with the event coordinators and they approved my request to propose to my girlfriend on stage during the luau. The polynesian entertainers will pull us from the crowd to participate on stage (limbo) and they will stop the show and I will get down on one knee and ask for her hand in front of everyone.

I was also thinking of having them play that Hawaiin Wedding Song by Elvis Presley when they stop the show.

I want to make this as special as possible, so does anyone have any suggestions that may make my plan even better?

BTW, here is the link to my thread which shows pictures of the blingage https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-marquise-bridal-set-shell-be-getting.39962/

Thanks,
Jesse

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Jesse,
i think it sounds just like a movie proposal. The only thing I would say, are you 100% sure you GF will like all the attention? Some gals would love it, others like me would prefer something private. I think she''s going to be thrilled whatever you do
1.gif

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
She definitely likes the attention. We are going to have many close friends there to witness the proposal. Wish me luck
30.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooh which luau!? Where at?!! I would just love to witness that if I was present!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2006 8:19:11 PM
Author: Cohiba
She definitely likes the attention. We are going to have many close friends there to witness the proposal. Wish me luck
30.gif

well then, I think it will be fabulous..Please come back and give us details and handshots of the ring..good luck, it''s going to be spectacular, I just know it..

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
Good question. I''m not sure where the luau is taking place.
33.gif
I would assume that it''s going to be at the Sheraton Waikiki, which is where we are staying 6-10 p.m.

Waited2Long

Shiny_Rock
No advice on the proposal itself, but the Sheraton is a nicely situated hotel. I''m guessing the luau will be behind the hotel, right on the beach. Would be a shame to have it indoors, unless it''s really cold or rainy. The Sheraton has one of the most spectacular restaurants in Waikiki on the 30th floor. If you want a very nice dinner on another night, make a reservation for an early dinner at a window seat overlooking the beach. Maybe not a concern around this time of year, but make sure you don''t fall asleep on the beach and get a nasty burn. I worked in Waikiki for a summer, and every day I would see some completely miserable people, red as lobsters, their faces in complete agony.

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
Just found out that the luau will be at the Royal Hawaiian. It''s next door to the Sheraton. Our company is using both hotels for this incentive trip.
35.gif

Cohiba

Rough_Rock
As usual, due to politics with the event coordinators and our company, I was not permitted to propose to Diana at the Luau. No worries. I surprised her two days before Valentines Day. I was going to record an awards event during our stay so I brought a tripod. During the sunrise I told Diana to stand on the balcony so that I could set up the camera and tripod so that it would be level when I recorded later. I pressed record and went out on the balcony overlooking Waikiki and Diamond Head and got down on one knee. She was totally surprised, cried and said yes.

Thank you everyone for all your help. Now one to planning the wedding...
23.gif

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!! It sounds like it was great!!

CourtHorn

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations! Sounds like it worked out perfectly.
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results