shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal at the Cheescake Factory

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

andrewlowe3

Rough_Rock
OK everyone, I know this sounds wierd but I want to propsoe to my girl at the Cheescake Factory !

The reason is that about a year ago we had a fantastic few days in Boston together very soon after we met. At one early stage in the weekend we had brunch at the CCF and it was an EXTREMELY tricky moment because we discussed issues that were deal breakers and after it I wondered if we would get through our stay !. Fortunately we resolved the issues (which were more minor than they seemed !) and have been ecstatic ever since (but have never been to a CCF either !).

We''re back to Boston in 10 days and I will propose
19.gif
. I thought about the lovely hotel we will stay in or a fabulous restaurant which we will go to (like Top of the Hub) which all are important to us but I really thought the CCF would be the place. It is where it nearly came unstuck but will now cement our love.

So, question is - do you think its a good idea and, since I know I''ll need to go down on one knee - how on Earth can I do it in such a place ?!

ellewoods

Shiny_Rock
Hello Andrew!

I lived in Boston for 3 years, so I know the Cheesecake Factory you''re talking about -- the one in Copley Square right? I''ve been there many times and its a great location and a very nice CCF. And I definitely understand the significance to you, it''s not a restaurant proposal at all, its a proposal at the site where you guys questioned but then cemented your love to each other. Awesome!
21.gif

I am trying to think of how to propose there. Maybe you can propose somewhere nearby, like Top of the Hub over a drink at sunset or something....but then surprise her afterwards with dinner at CCF? Or call the CCF and arrange to have one of the most private tables, so you can have a intimate proposal. The surprise her with a limo around the city for a couple hours? And you guys can stop at all the wonderful loungest, fancy wine bars, etc. with a limo driving you, drinking champagne at every stop to celebrate?

Another idea....you could arrange with CCF that you''re going to propose there. Have them reserve a nice intimate table for the 2 of you for dinner. Then after the appetizers, main courses....they give you guys dessert menus. But then in a couple minutes the waiter brings out a tray with many different slices of cheesecake, or perhaps just thin thin slices of many different cheesecakes (because although they''re delicious, its hard to eat more than 1-2 slices!). Then you can give her a romantic speech, like you brought her there because it was where you encountered many different difficult issues and questions and dealbreak issues in your relationship (just like the many different types of cheesecake they''ve brought you for dessert) but that you guys got through them and you realized that she''s the one for you and perfect etc. and then you propose.

I know it sounds a little cheesy but I think you can propose at the CCF if it has significance for you and your relationship. You can always add special proposal aspects to the night like the post-dinner limo, your hotel suite decorated with roses and candles when you return, other special gifts, etc. Or even have some of your friends/family come meet you guys at a nice bar/lounge etc. to celebrate afterwards, as a surprise to your GF.

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
If it has meaning to the two of you, I think it will be a great proposal! Definitely try and get a private table, I think it will be easier there. Or like Elle said, maybe propose at a nearby private location and then go to dinner at CCF.

Elle you always have the cutest proposal scenarios!! I love it!

pad3006

Shiny_Rock
Hi;
I think that is an awesome idea, esp since you have such history at the cheesecake factory. If at all possible I would suggest trying to go on a week night, since the weekends there the wait can be insane. I dont know how many times you have gone there, thats the only reason I mention it. Here in NY there is one one long island and on the weekends even early the wait is an hour and can be up to 3 hours. Maybe you could go in a few hours before and talk to the manager and or the hostess and see if they can have a nice table set aside for you all.
Good luck

Phil

InLuvWithMrH

Shiny_Rock
Great ideas..How about having the waiter put the ring in the center of all those cheesecakes??? Now there''s a nice cake topper! Good Luck!!

andrewlowe3

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your advice everyone - particularly Elle. Its decided that the CCF will be the place - good idea on the private table too, I''ll give them a call. I''ll let you know how it goes - collecting the ring tomorrow

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/11/2006 11:03:39 AM
Author: InLuvWithMrH
Great ideas..How about having the waiter put the ring in the center of all those cheesecakes??? Now there''s a nice cake topper! Good Luck!!
OH. I like this idea
36.gif

I''m sure CCF wil work with you on settinig up something special.

Good luck and keep us posted!

luvchantico

Rough_Rock
I love the Cheesecake Factory, but the one here in H-town is very family oriented. I would pick a more intimate place, you don''t want to risk being distracted by antsy toddlers.

Good Luck
18.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
I think your proposal at the CCF sounds great. Like Elle said, it''s not just a restaurant proposal, it means so much more and you did put a lot of thought into the location and having it be somewhere special for the two of you. I also really liked the idea of doing something special after, having the limo outside waiting for you to take you whereever or having a plan of somewhere to go. I don''t know if the CCF has champagne, but if not, maybe you could bring a bottle and give it to a manager ahead of time, or have it set up somewhere after.
Good luck!

sydneycasandra

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always thought a restaurant proposal would be SO MUCH FUN if you were to arrange it all before hand and then slip the correct waiter your ring when you go to the bathroom or something (trust!) and have them put the ring on her dessert! Like a cherry but much better!

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results