shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposal Anxiety

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
Hello, I just wanted to say I purchased the ring today after much input and advice from members here. I worked with Barry from Excel and the purchase was a pleasure. Now the hard part. My gf and I haven''t been dating all too long (just under a year) but I know this is it and as I''ve been previously married I may be more comfortable than her. We''ve talked about getting engaged and she had never really imagined getting married before but loves the idea and definitely wants to get married. I may be a bit premature at this time but I really don''t want to waste any more time when I know what I want and know how happy we both will be. I have no idea how I''ll ask. It will probably be a homemade dinner and keep it quiet and intimate. I had thought about the public dinner proposal but I think a more intimate setting may be a better fit for us. I''ll definitely be reviewing this forum for general ideas and hopefully I''ll come up with something in the next month or so. Her birthday is in April so it may be around that time but I''m still working on the details. I didn''t realize how nervous and anxious I would be until hitting the "submit order" button for the ring......
6.gif

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
I know exactly how you feel, buddy. Having been married before and dating a new GF for just over a year and all... and in the process of buying an E-ring ..
1.gif

If you know how she feels about a future with you, and her views on marriage... I say go for it!
3.gif
At least you already have a clearer idea of how to go about it.. If a homely intimate setting suits her tastes and puts her at ease, I think you''re on the right track.

aveda6

Shiny_Rock
thank you for the kind words. I was so young when I first got married it seems like a different world already. My ex and I are still on good terms and she''s remarrying next month. We parted ways amicably (as amicably as possible when emotions are involved) and now that it''s been a few years since the divorce it feels so great to be starting fresh...My GF''s parents are already asking when we''re getting married and what the plans are...they''re very nice about it and never ask me directly but everytime my GF talks to them they ask...

Have you found a ring yet? It''s fun to look and i don''t know what i would have done without this site...There has been so much wonderful information....

DiamondFlame

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I just bought the ring. The search was fun alright! Felt like I had a bunch of elder sisters helping me pick one out! But I missed out on the delivery today because I had to take my daughter (from the earlier marriage) out. Instead they will deliver it to me tomorrow and unexpectedly my GF made plans to come over around the same time. I'm cracking my head thinking of an excuse cuz I can't possibly ruin the surprise!

I guess there's always that 'pressure'. You want the proposal to be perfect but usually for the girl, 'perfect' means 'ASAP'.
9.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, you could be my FI (if it weren''t for the fact that we''ve been engaged for 2 years LOL).

FI was married once before, it was my first and I had never thought about getting married. We had been together for 10 months when we got engaged. I would have married him that day if I could have. We''ve had a long engagement because we''ve been saving for the wedding. No other reason.

Our engagement was one mishap after another, finally coming to a head in the car. Yes, he proposed in the car.

It doesn''t matter when, where, or how, all that matters is that you do it and she says yes (which I''m sure she will).

Congrats and good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results