shape
carat
color
clarity

Proposa Ideas - Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal

chewyTBG

Rough_Rock
Hello, I am planning on proposing to my better half this January while we are visiting the Universal Orlando. Since Harry Potter is one of her all time favorite things, I am highly considering doing it while we are in that park. I also thought about doing it in our hotel or around universal the first night we are there (staying at the Royal Pacific on site hotel) just so we can the entire trip engaged. I have seen some have already done a proposal in the park, so I'm hoping to find an original way to do this. A few of the ideas I have already got are as follows:

In the Hogwarts express.
Wait on the other side of the wall going into gate 9 and 3/4 at the train station.

I could really use additional ideas, both inside the park itself or around Universal, as I have never been there (there digital tour online helps a little), I'm not sure what areas might feel right.

She wouldn't mind a proposal in public, just not one in a tight group of people, private would be ok as well.

Thanks!

chewyTBG

Rough_Rock
Re: Proposa Ideas - Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Unive

Any input would be appreciated!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I've never been, but it sounds really nice! I think it would be cool if you were on the other side of 9.75 when she came through, and you were already kneeling with the ring. I have no idea if that's feasible and might be quite busy?

nyquestioner

Shiny_Rock

if you are thinking to make it more private in the hotel room, maybe you could bring a sorting hat, put it on her, and then recite or hand her a poem in the style of the sorting hat, but in the end she gets sorted into _your_ house and the last line is the proposal. Maybe you could buy or make a "snitch" and put the ring inside? Or maybe you could somehow play it off "The unbreakable vow"? Like to prepare for the park, you suggest that you each read each other a favorite chapter, but when it's your turn you start to read "the unbreakable vow" but it's really your proposal speech?

travelbug

Rough_Rock

Hi Chewy, any updates on your proposal planning? My fiancee loves Harry Potter, and as cute as a proposal at Harry Potter World sounds, I think she'd much prefer a more private, intimate proposal. That's just her taste though, yours might be different. Are there any nice gardens around the hotel or HP World that you could propose at before or after you visit HP World? Keep us updated.

SparklySoprano

Brilliant_Rock

ChewyTBG,

I've been there and have stayed at that hotel. (You will love it btw.)

There is a wonderful walking path from the hotel to the park. It's not usually very busy. You could perhaps propose there. One idea is to ask an employee of the hotel (they would probably be up for it considering it is a pretty high-level hotel) to be at one of the turns in the path with the sorting hat. (I liked the idea of an earlier poster.) S/he could be pretending that it is something they are doing for "everyone." You could convince her to try on the hat to see which house she gets into. Voila! Yours! LOL! Anyway, just a thought. And I would have the employee ready with a camera to get those unforgettable "yes"/ring-on-for-first-time moments.

Please let us know what you decide - and how it goes! Best wishes!

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade

Please do the two of you a favor and keep it simple and private. Proposals in public have a way of getting awkward. You can go to the Harry Potter theme park to celebrate afterwards, which sounds like a lot of fun.

chewyTBG

Rough_Rock

Thank you everybody for your input so far, but I could still use more ideas as my trip is coming up very soon. The ring is perfect, now I just need the perfect place. Thanks!

chewyTBG

Rough_Rock

Well it all went down in our own cabin of the Hogwarts express and she said yes! Whooooooooooooooooo! Thanks for the help guys!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats! Make sure you post on Show me the bling with some ring & hand pics!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results