shape
carat
color
clarity

propasal opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rangerider

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just purchased a ring for my girlfriend. I still have to ask her father for permission, but I was wondering if I can get some opinions on my proposal idea. I was going to have some personalized fortune cookies made with a "will you marry me" message inside. After dinner at our favorite chinese restaurant, I was going to have my cookies brought to the table. After she opened her cookie, I would get down on one knee and ask her for her hand in marriage. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Gr8fulDave

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/11/2008 2:57:28 PM
Author:rangerider
Hello,

I just purchased a ring for my girlfriend. I still have to ask her father for permission, but I was wondering if I can get some opinions on my proposal idea. I was going to have some personalized fortune cookies made with a ''will you marry me'' message inside. After dinner at our favorite chinese restaurant, I was going to have my cookies brought to the table. After she opened her cookie, I would get down on one knee and ask her for her hand in marriage. Any opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

It sounds like a nice idea; just make sure she doesn''t order too much and decide to skip desert.
9.gif
My only question would be is she the kind of person who is somewhat shy or would she not mind a "public" proposal. Then again, what do I know? I''m still trying to figure out how to propose.

rangerider

Rough_Rock
Being embarassed or not appreciating me proposing in public was the problem that I was having. I don''t think she would mind, but that is why I was asking for opinions. Thank you.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Your idea is cute, but if she is a private person, you could always consider getting Chinese takeout and then proposing at home!

PostIt

Rough_Rock
My brother did that and it went really well! He did take-out and ate at home. The only thing was that he had to order like 100 cookies so there were lots of leftovers.

rangerider

Rough_Rock
I actually found a place that sells fortune cookies for .25 each. There is a $12.50 set up fee for the messege. I was going to buy a dozen. With shipping it would cost around $22.00. I am considering doing the chinese take-out thing now. I kind of like the idea of the privacy myself. I also have another idea. I have a DVD recorder. I was going to record a movie that we both haven''t seen. In the middle of the movie, I would record a video proposal with my camcorder. When we got to the propasal on video, I would get on one knee and propose to her. I''m sure both of these ideas have been done numerous times, but I am trying to come up with something somewhat original that would catch her by suprise. She knows I have the ring, now it''s just choosing a time and place when she is not expecting it.

nclrgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the video proposal in the middle of a movie idea! I got a little teary eyed just reading it. Then you have another keepsake from your special day!
36.gif

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/13/2008 11:19:01 AM
Author: rangerider
I actually found a place that sells fortune cookies for .25 each. There is a $12.50 set up fee for the messege. I was going to buy a dozen. With shipping it would cost around $22.00. I am considering doing the chinese take-out thing now. I kind of like the idea of the privacy myself. I also have another idea. I have a DVD recorder. I was going to record a movie that we both haven''t seen. In the middle of the movie, I would record a video proposal with my camcorder. When we got to the propasal on video, I would get on one knee and propose to her. I''m sure both of these ideas have been done numerous times, but I am trying to come up with something somewhat original that would catch her by suprise. She knows I have the ring, now it''s just choosing a time and place when she is not expecting it.

I really like the movie idea! It would be really cute if you "rented" it from a movie store and halfway through it went fuzzy and you were like "What the heck is wrong with this movie!?" Then it showed random things from where you live then you appeared on the screen or something like that.. How fun!

rangerider

Rough_Rock
Ok, here is an update on my proposal. I decided to go with the movie idea. First, let me give a little backround. Me and my girlfriend(now my fiancee) are big New York Yankee fans. We go to about 10 games a year. I wanted to get engaged at Yankee Stadium, but we have a trip planned to see the Yankees play in Baltimore in April. I thought about doing it there, but I found out that she was expecting it then. I really wanted to suprise her, so here is what I did. I recorded a movie on dvd that I knew that she wanted see. About 15 minutes into the movie, I taped my proposal. I did it in front of my television while a Yankees game was on. I even wore my Yankess jersey and Yankees hat. She was in shock when the movie went black and I came on. I told her not to answer me yet and proposed again in person. She said yes and I put the ring on her finger. Needless to say, we never saw the end of the movie. We are both very happy and now can go away in two weeks and enjoy ourselves as an engaged couple.

heather318

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations!! I'm so glad that your proposal went the way you wanted it to go and that she loved it!! I definitely don't think it would have been the same if you had proposed at Camden Yards rather than Yankee Stadium.. Opposing team's fan proposing at an away game? Kinda funny..

P.S. I had to grit my teeth during your story about the Yankees stuff because I am in fact a diehard Red Sox fan and was proposed to at Fenway Park.. But I still want to say congratulations!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results