shape
carat
color
clarity

Pronovias 2007 order deadline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

akira

Rough_Rock
I found a Pronovias dress I love (Ebano from 2007 collection).

The salesperson told me I had to order the dress by Thanksgiving because Pronovias wouldn''t be taking any more orders for its 2007 collection after then. She also seemed very knowledgeable about Pronovias dresses because they had just had a trunk show there. Too bad I missed the show!

Because my wedding''s in Oct ''08, I''ve been trying on gowns to get a feel for different styles and designers without the intention of buying them any time soon.

The dress costs about $2100 which is out of my budget, and I feel that I need time to shop online and look into similar dresses that are more affordable. Yet I''m afraid of losing the window of opportunity to order the dress (from an online store or a local store) if I take too long to comparison shop.

Has anyone heard of any Pronovias deadlines or was the salesperson just trying to make a sale?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I''m not sure about the deadline thing... but if you wait and shop around and then decide that you REALLY liked the Pronovias one then this website may have it: www.bridepower.com

They buy sample dresses from the bridal salons and then sell them at discounted prices. I think their return policy is really good too in case there is something wrong with the sample (but they give descirptions of any possoble flaws).

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Well, if they aren''t going to be able to sell the Pronovias dress anymore, they''ll have to do something with their sample that you tried on. One thing they could do with teh sample is sell it to YOU at a serious discount. They''d still make more than selling it to Bride Power, if you see what I mean! (Huge fan of bridepower.com here, btw).

So, the first thing I would do is call the shop and ask whether their sample will be available come November when it''s no use to them anymore (or so they claim). Explain that it''s out of your budget at the current price, but that you might be interested in their sample if they''ll sell it to you within your budget. Then you have some time to shop around a bit, and access to their sample if need be.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Akira...I think the deadline thing might be true...but you should just go ahead and email Pronovias directly. Believe it or not, they do answer emails!!

As far as price...My dress is from San Patrick which is part of Pronovias. I bought it from RKBridal (in NY). They sent me the size chart, I faxed my order and saved over 50%!!!!. I couldn''t believe it. They said it could take 3-4 months and it was here right at the 2-month mark!

You can also try other sites (pearlsplace, house of brides, etc). If you call or email any of these stores you can get a quote within a couple of days. I think RKBridal told me the quote over the phone the first time I called.

I LOVE Ebano by Pronovias!!!. I actually tried it on but I just didn''t have much to fill up the top part....haha...so it just didn''t flatter me. It is a gorgeous gown though and the fabric is to die for!

Hope this helps!!!

M~

E B

Ideal_Rock
You can definitely find the Ebano (which is STUNNING, by the way!) for less than $2100. As Mandarine said, check RKBridal and also Pearl's Place (www.pearlsplace.com). I got a fabulous quote from them on an Amsale that was quite a bit less than what the bridal salon was asking.

A couple of similar discount websites list the Ebano for ~$1450.00, so that's around what I'm guessing RK or Pearl's might ask.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
This may be a bit dated but I just tried on the Ebano today and I love it! I tried it on in Virginia and they can still easily order it. I also can order it in California very easily as well. There doesn''t seem to be a deadline for ordering since it''s already December. Sounds more like a sales tactic.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its true about the deadline. I live in the UK and people here were told to order by the middle of November.
1.gif

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Hrmm, that must be a UK thing? I found it at a shop in VA who could order it then I called a shop in CA where I live and they are able to order it as well. Bizzare.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results