shape
carat
color
clarity

Prongs not all the same size

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

william_v

Rough_Rock
Is it normal for the prongs not to be all the same size. One of them seem to cover a little more diamond then the other. It is a 4 prongs ring. Is this normal or am I over analzing the ring. also the same prongs doesn''t seem to shine as nice as the others. I hope he didn''t forget to polish it!!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Can you post a pic for us???

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, the pic looks pretty normal to me...but I''m not nearly as anal about prongs as some people are here LOL.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
the top left prong looks less polished . . . is that the one you are talking about?

william_v

Rough_Rock
The top left looks less polish, I thought it was just me that noticed that, LOL

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
The prong sizes look the same in the pictures . . . but I know better than most that seeing it in person is more accurate than pictures. Possibly getting it polished won''t be difficult?

william_v

Rough_Rock
Why would that prong be less polished? Could it be that he forgot. I know the prongs size might not be 100% the same size as they are all hand cut and mounted. I might be over analizing it.

st33.jpg

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know why the one prong wouldn''t be polished . . . maybe they forgot? Have you cleaned it? Maybe it is just a smudge? As far as the size of the prongs, the prongs on my ring are all even so it just depends how much bigger the one prong is and how much it bothers you . . .

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think they look good to me, but if you are finding a problem, take it back and have them take a look. They can polish the prong no problem. But I didn't see it from your pics, and I am anal about prongs. Sometimes in pics we don't always see what YOU see IRL. HTH, it's a beautiful ring!!!!
1.gif

william_v

Rough_Rock
the unpolish one seems a little bit longer then the other ones. I this when she takes it back to get it resize, and point it out to them.
Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results