shape
carat
color
clarity

Prong question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Minny

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Before a diamond is set, do the prongs of the setting appear "unfinished"? My boyfriend and I ordered this Tacori setting -- we went to look at it today and give the jeweler our diamond to set, but I was surprised at how large, flat, and blocky the tips of the prongs looked. After showing the salesperson what I was talking about, he told me these are the "raw" prongs and that they will be finished after the stone is set. I guess I just thought that Tacori would be handling all the details of this setting -- the tips of these prongs should be very delicate and intricate, so I guess I am just worried that it won''t come out the way it looks on the sample ring in the store. Am I just being anal?? Do all prongs look this way before the diamond is in the setting?? Thank you for your help!
1.gif

2503RD-TAC-Angle1.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi minny,
My jeweler has a few semi-mounts with the prongs you are describing and he says the same thing. they will "finish" them once the stone is set. I have heard of a few people with Tacori shaving down the prongs after recieving their completed ring. check out carolyns link here

Minny

Rough_Rock
Mrssalvo,

Thank you for your response! It''s good to hear that this is common, at least for similar prongs. I am just worried that they won''t turn out the same as the ones on the sample ring in the store (in person, the prongs have the same shape/detail as the photo, but look much more delicate). I have not had a very good experience with this jeweler so far, so right now I am just not very trusting of their abilities to finish the details correctly. I guess I will just have to have faith!
20.gif

Minny

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy SCHNIKIES! I just LOVE that setting! 8 prongs are fantastic and so secure. And those are some NICE prongs!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Hi, Minny. Did you see this pic Ana posted in the RT prongs poll? These prongs are very delicate--I love this look myself!
3.gif

8FoldSymetry2cts111.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results