shape
carat
color
clarity

Project in progress, thanks to BGD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I'm too excited not to share! A few weeks back I picked up a little 1.25ct purple spinel cut by Dan. I posted a thread here for some ideas on how to set it and ended up picking out an adwar setting. I contacted Brian Gavin Diamonds who very happily ordered it in. I dropped the stone in the mail and have been attempting to patiently wait for it to be completed.

Today they sent me photos of the rough cast of the setting. Knowing them I'll get photos along the way so I thought it would be fun to chronicle the process as much as possible. I know this won't be as exciting as some of their custom work but after the amazing customer service I got from them with my wedding band I had to go with them for this. Lesley is an absolute doll, emailing me at 10pm, always answering my questions with endless patience, etc. I cannot recommend them enough.

First up, this is the setting I chose from Adwar: Adwar Setting

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Rough cast of the ring. The settings come in the rough, then they have to be polished up.

Brian_Gavin_Erica_ropering1.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Another shot of the rough.

Brian_Gavin_Erica_ropering2.jpg

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see how this will look once polished and smoothed out!

Brian_Gavin_Erica_ropering3.jpg

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the setting you chose! I can''t wait to see how it turns out, I''m sure it will be gorgeous
1.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
And finally, my stone! It is a 1.25ct spinel, about 5x7, cut by Dan Stair. I lurve the grape-y purple color! Thank you SO much to Gypsy for pointing out the listing to me. As soon as I saw it I knew it had to be MINE!

Brian_Gavin_Erica_Spinel.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so glad I'm not the one polishing that.

How DO they polish that without rubbing out the ropes, I wonder.

Now... lady, where is this stone?!?

ETA: Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. GORGEOUS STONE. I cannot wait till this is finished.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 11:58:52 PM
Author: Gypsy

How DO they polish that without rubbing out the ropes, I wonder.

Magic elves would be my guess?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm going with that theory. I like it.

Are they pink and purple elves Erica? Are they vaguely equine in appearance?

What do the elves in your world look like?

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Yes, and they ride magical ponies!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL.

Mine ride dragons and are green and orange and gold.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Wot no CAD''s?????

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that is a phenomenal setting you have chosen! I think I am now an Adwar fan!
31.gif
The color of the stone is luscious too! Can''t wait until you have it on your hand!

HeatherL

Shiny_Rock
Erica, Hi, I''m so glad that you liked the stone (I''m the one you purchased it from). I''m glad to see that someone is getting to use it..... I''m confused though, is the ring for your mom or you? Hope everything turns out well.

Heather

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 9:55:06 AM
Author: HeatherL
Erica, Hi, I''m so glad that you liked the stone (I''m the one you purchased it from). I''m glad to see that someone is getting to use it..... I''m confused though, is the ring for your mom or you? Hope everything turns out well.

Heather

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! She''s not supposed to know!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I love that setting! I really want something like that for my amethyst. (I''d love RG for it, but I don''t know if I could find it.)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 10:46:30 AM
Author: princesss
I love that setting! I really want something like that for my amethyst. (I''d love RG for it, but I don''t know if I could find it.)
Actually, Adwar casts in rose gold too, but it costs just a little bit more than white or yellow gold.

Great ring erica! Can''t wait to see how it turns out!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
And the setting was incredibly reasonably priced! You can always ask for a quote, princesss.

LamborghiniGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I love
30.gif
love this setting! I was looking at it and was so close to getting it! I love the rope detail, it is so unique, elegant and wonderful! The only reason I didn't was because I didn't quite understand how to get a setting from Adwar-- I didn't have a jeweler locally I felt comfortable asking to order it, which I think (?) is what I would have had to do, nor did I think about BGD!

I cannot wait to see this project in completion! Plus, your stone is to die for. That color is so luxurious
30.gif

LG

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Erica, your stone is going to look SMASHING in that setting!!!!! I can NOT wait to see it all polished and the stone set. Are you going with single or double claw prongs?

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Woo hoo!!! That''s going to be FABULOUS!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Its coming along! i love that rope setting! and the stone is Gorgeous

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 11:35:53 AM
Author: EricaR
And the setting was incredibly reasonably priced! You can always ask for a quote, princesss.

Very good to know! I am looking for a setting for my Mahenge spinel and came across that setting and thought it looked interesting. You have great taste, Erica
2.gif
Can''t wait to see the finished product!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what an awesome looking setting!! Can''t wait to see it completed!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
What a fun project. The results are going to be gorgeous!!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, that purple color is AMAZING!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that setting and your stone is gorgeous! Can''t wait to see it all put together!

litebrite

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for an adwar setting myself, please let us know how it goes with BGD!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
So far I couldn''t be happier with the process. I went to the adwar site and found a few possibilities, then emailed BGD with the style number and my metal choice (in this case white gold, i think 14k), and within a day or so I had quotes. I picked the setting I wanted, paid for it, and BGD had the setting in hand within a week.

I''m going with single prongs, but asked that they be slimmed down if necessary. I''m worried they might be a bit bulky.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
It''s done! It''s done!

Brian_Gavin_Erica_roperingFin1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results