shape
carat
color
clarity

Progress made

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yeah, and FI got fitted for his tux yesterday! WOW, was he handsome in that...
30.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My mother and I picked up my dress yesterday! The size we ordered in will be perfect for all of the little customizations we want to make - neckline, waist, hem, etc. When we''re done, this dress will be absolutely fabulous! I am so excited to finish getting my other accessories now.

We also picked up one of these Bali shapers for under the dress: http://www.barenecessities.com/Bali-Lace-Convertible-All-In-One_product_Bali8912_,search,.htm . I was looking for something to provide clean lines that was a one piece undergarment, and many fo them that I found just weren''t very pretty. This one looks more like bridal lingerie than the spandex-y "granny wear" we kept finding.
2.gif

We saw the most adorable pair of peep-toe shoes at Ann Taylor yesterday that I am now on a mission to find. These were in black lace and had a strap and some heel coverage with a rounded toe. Of course I can''t use black, but in white to match my dress they would be to die for. I will be browsing Zappos today...

FacetFire

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how exciting! It sounds like everything is really coming together! Everytime I vsisit this thread, I keep thinking how much I like your save-the-dates...well, and everything else too, of course! :)

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
A few updates:

My mother ordered THIRTY cake plates today from Cost Plus World Market for our centerpiece cakes!
9.gif

My bridesmaids need to order dresses soon, and half of them have responded so far for a bridal shop visit and lunch date on the day after Thanksgiving.

I tried on some beautiful diamond jewelry with FI at a local B&M store''s annual sale. A classic diamond or pearl pendant would be smashing with my dress. Thinnking about Tiffany''s Heart Cap Pearl pendant or a diamond solitaire.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
It''s all coming together well for you, girl. Sounds lovely!

I have a question, does your fiance still re-engage you every morning?
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/18/2006 1:05:29 AM
Author: fisherofmengirly

9.gif
Hee hee, yes he usually does, Fishie.
9.gif
I can''t remember if I posted when I saw them, but I wanted to tell you how much I liked your engagement photos with Paul. You two make a beautiful couple!

More progress for me: Started a Bed Bath and Beyond registry today!

Also, just because I am SO THRILLED for them, I have to announce that one of my groomsmen proposed to his lovely lady recently and they are now engaged!
36.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on all the progress!
36.gif

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/22/2006 10:36:20 PM
Author: equestrienne

9.gif
9.gif
I can''t remember if I posted when I saw them, but I wanted to tell you how much I liked your engagement photos with Paul. You two make a beautiful couple!

Also, just because I am SO THRILLED for them, I have to announce that one of my groomsmen proposed to his lovely lady recently and they are now engaged!
36.gif
Yay, Equ! I think that''s so cute. Paul did it a couple of times, but hasn''t in a while. I still like it when we hold hands in the car, especially, and he feels around the ring and at stop lights looks at it, all proud of himself and stuff. It''s precious!

Yay for the newly engaged couple. I just love engagement time!

Thanks for the comments on our pictures; the photographer asked me to take them off the internet because they''re copyrighted, she said. I bought them, but still. I don''t know. Craziness. But I''m glad you liked them. It was SO much fun!

Bed Bath and Beyond is fun, isn''t it? I have been a little disappointed with Target, as their items seem to rotate into clearance really quickly, but well, BB&B hasn''t done that to us yet. Yay!

I''m glad to know the progress continues!
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 1:56:15 PM

Date: 11/22/2006 10:36:20 PM
Author: equestrienne

9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
Yay, Equ! I think that''s so cute. Paul did it a couple of times, but hasn''t in a while. I still like it when we hold hands in the car, especially, and he feels around the ring and at stop lights looks at it, all proud of himself and stuff. It''s precious!
I like the morning engagement too - I always say "Yes!" again. FI does the ring inspection at stoplights, too.
1.gif

Yay for the newly engaged couple. I just love engagement time!

Thanks for the comments on our pictures; the photographer asked me to take them off the internet because they''re copyrighted, she said. I bought them, but still. I don''t know. Craziness. But I''m glad you liked them. It was SO much fun!
My mom has ben bugging us about when we are getting ours taken... We talked about Fall for the pretty colors, but missed them. I have no idea where or when we''ll do them now.

Bed Bath and Beyond is fun, isn''t it? I have been a little disappointed with Target, as their items seem to rotate into clearance really quickly, but well, BB&B hasn''t done that to us yet. Yay!
As much as I like Target, I was more impressed with BB&B''s returns and selection. I may go to Crate and Barrel tomorrow to register there as well.

I''m glad to know the progress continues!
9.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered the HOTTEST shoes today. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

They will be coming in about two weeks to a local shop, since they did not have any size 9 pairs left. These are amazing in person and will be smashing with my dress. The rhinestones are so twinkly! They can be dyed after the wedding to another more re-wearable color too! These are Special Occasions Maggie:

MaggieShoes.jpg

I tried on some veils and tiaras and headpieces, and I also met my adult bridesmaids today to order dresses.
1.gif
The girls were measured and they placed orders for the lovely B2 dress pictured in this thread. They all look wonderful in periwinkle, and were very excited with how the sample dress looked on each of them. My mother treated all of us to lunch afterwards at a local upscale pizzeria and we filled a whole section - bride and bridesmaids, mothers of the groom and bride, plus two grandmothers. It was enjoyable for me to be Courtney the bride-to-be for a while.

I don''t get to visit with all my girls often, so today was really special. I like to DIY my greeting cards for friends and took this opportunity to make some. I gave them all a handmade card with a personalized message inside thanking them for being in my bridal party, which they all liked a lot. I got some super-cute dress ornaments at Target in their Christmas section, and then made cards with them. The cards turned out adorable! I have pictures of one of them, though the dress on this card has kind of a funky looking bodice. Aren''t they precious?
4.gif

BMThankYouCards003.jpg

Close up of dress detail:

BMThankYouCards002.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Updated to add I received a Tiffany Pearl Pendant for Christmas! My first Tiffany piece! It''s so pretty and dainty, and I want to wear it with my wedding dress! Posted a few more pics in SMTR.

TiffanyPearlPendant003.jpg

TiffanyPearlPendant005.jpg

TiffanyPearlPendant002.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful pendant Equ!!! Really gorgeous. Also...your DIY cards are PHENOMENAL!!!!
36.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you FG!
9.gif
I love making my own cards. I did all my Christmas cards this year - a blue snowflake paper background with a 3D snowman made of three cut circles and a "carrot" on the front. I got a nice rotary cutter and a sticker maker for Christmas, so now I can do even more with my cards. I''m going to be dangerous now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results