shape
carat
color
clarity

Progress made

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I am excited to report that this week we finally have some wedding progress. YAY! We decided on our DJ and received our STD magnets just today. We are also finalizing guest lists this week and getting an idea of what could be the maximum number to expect. We are looking at about 320 adults and children - WOW.
23.gif
What is nice is that FI is handling a lot of the final additions on his side and he kept up his promise to help with the DJs. He is being so very conscientious about this and I really appreciate his assistance.

How about some pictures?
2.gif
Here is what we have so far:

The start of all this from back in May
30.gif

SheSaidYes.jpg

RingShotswithFlowers006.jpg

The church (FI was confirmed here)
church.jpg

The hall (the Polish Cultural Center in our area - we get a family discount and the food is AWESOME)
HallPicsAPCC017.jpg

HallPicsAPCC018.jpg

Our centerpieces (I want this one tier torte look, likely with fresh flowers to match bouquets on top)
cake.jpg

Our STD magnets (these just came and we LOVE them, they are from www.magnetqueen.com)
OurSaveTheDateUpload.jpg

Our DJ (she''s fantastic and will help us have a classy, fun party)
maryann.jpg

http://www.maprodj.com/

Our photographers are not online, but we have them booked too! D & D Wedding Photography out of Fenton, MI (friend of my mothers, GREAT prices and special attention)

My "Something Old" (family heirloom ruby and seed pearl ring)
somethingold14.jpg

My BM dresses (99% sure that this is the one that *I* want
2.gif
, B2 dress in Periwinkle)
3308PW_B2dressBM.jpg

Flower colors (love these corals and apricots with the peri)
DSC02640.jpg

My dress (again, 99% sure that this is the one, still need to purchase this and it would need a few alterations)
TryingonDresses07-07-06004.jpg

TryingonDresses07-07-06006.jpg

TryingonDresses07-07-06005.jpg

Hope you enjoyed looking.
21.gif

sk8rjen

Brilliant_Rock
Looking GREAT so far -- and I especially LOVE your dress and your pick for the bridesmaids'' dresses!
9.gif
I hope you will somehow have that pic of your proposal incorporated into the reception or rehearsal
9.gif
9.gif

jen

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
WOW- Progress indeed!
I''m sure you''re thrilled to cross so many things off your list.

Can''t wait to see more!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
yay, Equ! I love the save the date magnets, too! Very pretty!

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2006 7:59:40 PM
Author: fisherofmengirly
yay, Equ! I love the save the date magnets, too! Very pretty!
Amen to that! I remember when you posted that picture (I was a newbie) and I thought it was the most beautiful picture ever!
1.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, sk8rjen! I have that photo of the proposal in a frame I picked up recently. It''s a silver frame engraved with one sentence: "A single moment can spark a lifetime of memories." I have it in our living room now, but I may take it and use it or another larger copy of the photo elsewhere in the wedding.

Chargergrrl, thank you! I was worried that I wasn''t getting enough done, but seeing everything in one place like this is actually a relief of sorts. I am heading into flower and tux territory next, I think...
37.gif

Fishie and IrishAngel, you guys are too sweet. That is one of my favorite photos of me and my sweetheart, and when I mentioned getting these magnets ordered early this summer, *he* chose this picture. He loves it because we had a great time in Florida over Easter weekend, and at the time of the photo, he already had our ring in the works.
30.gif
These magnets are seriously awesome. I ordered them a month ago, and they shipped on time and arrived in perfect shape. They are really nicely made, a bit larger than your average business card sized fridge magnet. Glossy finish and rounded edge all over. I ordered only the magnets and the envelopes to mail them, but the company threw in little plastic magnet sleeves to go inside the envelope too for free! I got a half price special summer deal on them so I paid only about $150 for the whole batch of 125 magnets! I took one to school today and the other teachers loved them. I can''t wait to show my mom!

Fancy605

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, you''ve been busy! Everything looks like its coming togetehr well!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I just wanted to update my post...

I ordered my dress! The lace gown is the winner!

TryingonDresses9-30-06016.jpg

I tried on tons of dresses all summer and went back to see this gown yesterday. It''s still my favorite, so it is now on order from another Group USA store and should arrive in just two weeks. Plus, I got a sales flyer in the mail from them for 50 dollars off a bridal gown order. My grand total before alterations: $219 plus tax! WOO HOO!

My mother is going to alter the neckline to a V neck for me, and she also wants to tack down the lace overdress to the liner with a fine piece of edge lace after the store hems the gown. This is going to be one knockout dress! I can now start looking for shoes and other accessories for it. I''d love a pair of adorable vintage look peep-toes with this gown...

I liked this fingertip length veil with with blusher. It doesn''t overpower the beauty of the dress. Mom said she will make me my veil and I''ll just need a headpiece for it. I also like my hair half up, half down with this dress and veil. I''ll be looking for some pictures for a hair trial eventually.

TryingonDresses9-30-06014.jpg

See all the gorgeous beading and sequins? This dress is sooooo pretty! Just the perfect amount of flash and shimmer with the sequins whenever they catch the light.

TryingonDresses9-30-06021.jpg

I was at a bridal show last weekend and I spotted a great flower arrangement from a local discount florist. I spoke with the district manager for the Thrifty Florist chain and will be making an appointment with her soon. I love these for my girls'' bouquets! These will be so pretty against the peri dresses! Just enough of my preferred apricot and coral with lots of fresh summery green and a hint of blue.

BouquetfromBridalShow.jpg

That''s all for now. Still working on cakes and tuxes...
1.gif

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to add that these STD magnets were a HIT. We sent them out in mid September. Everyone LOVES them, and whenever we talk to friends and family the magnet comes up. I highly recommend the vendor (Magnetqueen.com) who made these for us.

OurSaveTheDateUpload.jpg

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks gorgeous!
9.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
congratulations!
i absolutely love your dress- it''s classy and vintage looking with the lace, and looks great on you.
that flower arrangement will look spectacular with the peri dresses,

great job with everything- you''ll have a beautiful wedding

1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Love the thumbs-up picture with the dress!
YOU are a cutie!
Congrats on the progress! It really does come together nicely, doesn''t it?

jesterjigger

Shiny_Rock
Looks like you''re doing good on the planning! I love your bridesmaids dresses, heck, I want one! And the magnets look great. I have to say though...I do not envy you your guest list! 320...wow! You are a brave, brave woman.

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you anchor, labbielove, and Tybee! I love how everything is falling into place.

JJ, if you think 320 guests is scary, I also want to *gulp* invite the kids...
19.gif
Yes, I know, I'm crazy. It's part of my charm.
9.gif
We are invited to a wedding next weekend for a family member of FI, and their reception is at our venue so we get to see everything in a test run of sorts. I am super excited to see how everything goes.

So far my mother and I have been the only folks who have seen me in this gown. I've been informed that when the dress comes in, I need to hire a bus to take my two grandmothers, my aunt, my FMIL, FI's grandma, and a few bridesmaids and friends to all see it. LOL. They are dying to have a look at this dress!

San Diego Bride

Shiny_Rock
equestrienne, your dress is gorgeous! i''m a little bit biased though since my dress was very similar! it will look beautiful with lace edging. maybe your mom could put a pearl/bead border on the bottom to match the trim at the neck and waist. that would really complete the look. everything looks great! keep the updates coming.

scarlet16

Brilliant_Rock
Ohh...you look fabulous!!

As for the bridesmaid dresses, I was just in a wedding where we had these dresses. They are AWESOME. They are flattering on every imaginable body type. I''ll try to dig up a picture for you since the bride had the 4 of us in 4 different colors. They really are great...and rewearable...

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, novia and scarlet!

scarlet - if you could find a picture of those dresses from the wedding to post, I''d love it! I''ve been anxious to see these on multiple real women!

budgetbride

Shiny_Rock
Random,
how did you post all your pics in one link

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Equ --

You are beyond organized...your wedding is going to be so much fun and so gorgeous! I feel like any nice comments I say would just be derivative, so I''ll just sit here and drool over your stuff.

Hey, my wedding is 26 days away...would you come over and help me do, you know, everything left?
2.gif

Congrats!
Jackie

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Budget- all of my photos are uploaded on a picture site online. I use the links from there to post multiple pictures in one post by clicking the "Insert Image" icon that shows up when I am writing a post.
1.gif

Jas - You know I''d love to help, but I am sure you are going to do just fine.
2.gif
I hope everything is going well with your final preparations. Can''t wait to see how everything turns out, too.

***UPDATE*** I asked a dear friend of mine to be in our wedding party this week, and she said yes! I have known her since FI and I started dating, and she is going to be sort of a "matron of honor" since she is already married and has a young son. She is sooooo pumped, she loves the dress and can''t wait to try it on, and she is already asking about planning my bachelorette party! I am thrilled she said yes. Her brother in law is one of FI''s groomsmen, so it''s kind of a family affair now, heehee.

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Yay, you''re coming right along, Courtney! Looks like you''re having a ball, too! Yay!!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Fishie!
1.gif
1.gif
1.gif

I can''t wait to see your planning pictures... *hint hint wink wink nudge nudge*

Kerbear560

Shiny_Rock
Everything looks so wonderful equestrienne! I especially love your dress (so classic)! You look amazing in it, and I think it will look great altered into a V-neckline!

And, how awesome is that to have a picture of the exact moment your FI proposed?!? Priceless!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I did a little purchasing this weekend for BM gifts, and I am so excited to show these to my girls next summer!

These diamond accented 10K white gold circle pendants were on sale at Kohl's for 70% off, and they are so pretty and dainty. They will be gorgeous with the dress the girls will be wearing.

BMgifts.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My mother bought me this at a place that sells antiques and country themed gifts this weekend as well. It''s a wire bouquet holder decorated in clear glass beads and pearls. I LOVE it. How perfect is this with my gown? So vintage looking and cute!

DSC03586.jpg

Closer shot of handle and beading:

DSC03589.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Last but not least, Mom and I went to Kentucky last weekend for a visit to the races and Kentucky Horse Park. Mom got me this little figurine at KHP as a surprise! I''m thinking rehearsal dinner cake topper!

DSC03577.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Oops, hit submit too soon. More pics of figurine:

DSC03585.jpg

DSC03584.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
I just received a call from Group USA - my dress came in! YAY! I am going to try to get my grandmas up there next weekend to pick it up with me. Only nine months to go... wow, time''s flying by! I need to get busy on flowers and tuxes!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Wow! Everythings going so smoothly!!
9.gif
That cake topper is adorable! What did you see at the KHP? I've only been once for Rolex which was probably one of the highlights of my life!

Congrats on your dress arriving!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/29/2006 12:32:30 PM
Author: IndieJones
Wow! Everythings going so smoothly!!
9.gif
That cake topper is adorable! What did you see at the KHP? I''ve only been once for Rolex which was probably one of the highlights of my life!

Congrats on your dress arriving!!
Thanks, Indie!

KHP was amazing. We spent the weekend in Kentucky with my neighbor''s daughter who is a Thoroughbred racehorse trainer, so we were at Keeneland Track most of the time with KHP on Sunday. We got to see all the behind the scenes goings-on at a racetrack with her. At KHP I was most impressed with the memorial and resting place of Man O War, since he is an ancestor of my own Thoroughbred. There was also a cool polo match going on!

Pics? http://www.flickr.com/photos/86836360@N00/sets/72157594333015027/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results