shape
carat
color
clarity

Proffesions that attract Jerks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Attorney.

Trust me on this.

*Bangs head against desk*... Why, why why.....

What''s your peeve profession?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 4:21:25 PM
Author:Gypsy
Attorney.

Trust me on this.

Oh, you might be asking to offend someone with this . . .
right now, the people in charge of funding or not funding my grant are not high on my list.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
People in sales. I get sooo sick and tired of people trying to get me to buy stuff that I don''t want. I bought two pieces of jewelry from a woman and she is like a vulture now. I just don''t answer the phone when she calls to tell me about her latest ''special''. I hate it when I visit a store and the SL gets my number and calls me each time they have a sale. I hate how they act like they are doing me some big favor by calling me and act shocked if I am not interested. Sometimes I make the fatal error of picking up the phone when I am with the kids and busy and my patience with them is even shorter then.

fabcrab

Brilliant_Rock
I think the sciences kind of has a large percentage of jerks. Of course not all are but I noticed a lot have ego problems.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
People who make commission and are only trying to sell something, do not tell the whole truth but try to mislead you in some way...because they want you to buy and do not care if it is the right thing for you...so they try to out talk you and try to convince you of something when you seem to be resisting.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was actually just thinking about this because of the dentist post. I hate dentists! And not because I''m scared to go-I have had a lot of a**hole dentists. Why are they so arrogant? They''re just fixing teeth...it''s not usually a life and death situation, you know? I think a lot of times they just make tons of money and that makes them think they''re better than everyone else.

The dentist I had been going to since I was a child became convinced that I was bulimic (I wasn''t-he had been my dentist my entire life and had seen how thin I have always been!) and would not stop harassing me about it, even after my mother called before my visit and specifically told him NOT to ask me if I was bulimic. I was younger at the time, maybe 17 or 18, and I wanted to call him myself, but my mom didn''t trust me to be civil. Needless to say, I stopped going to him after that.

I finally found a nice dentist after a few more jerks, and then his practice stopped taking my dental plan!
7.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Lately I seem to have visited my share of arrogant doctors.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insurance Co. reps. I had a very unexpected hospital stay for a week last year, with follow up doctor''s appts. for 7 weeks after that. Immediately afterwards, the concerned reps. have been calling my house every week practically. Late at night, on the weekends, they never stop. I''ve recognized the number now, so I tend not to answer my phone when they call. It still bugs me though.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 5:40:04 PM
Author: thing2of2
I was actually just thinking about this because of the dentist post. I hate dentists! And not because I''m scared to go-I have had a lot of a**hole dentists. Why are they so arrogant? They''re just fixing teeth...it''s not usually a life and death situation, you know? I think a lot of times they just make tons of money and that makes them think they''re better than everyone else.

The dentist I had been going to since I was a child became convinced that I was bulimic (I wasn''t-he had been my dentist my entire life and had seen how thin I have always been!) and would not stop harassing me about it, even after my mother called before my visit and specifically told him NOT to ask me if I was bulimic. I was younger at the time, maybe 17 or 18, and I wanted to call him myself, but my mom didn''t trust me to be civil. Needless to say, I stopped going to him after that.

I finally found a nice dentist after a few more jerks, and then his practice stopped taking my dental plan!
7.gif

I had heard a while back that dentists as a whole are among the top in their field in trying to commit suicide. I''m assuming if this is true, it''s because they''re depressed because really, who WANTS to go to the dentist? Imagine having a job where no one wants to see you? I like my dentist personally, but I could do without the sounds of the drill in the next room.
14.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2007 4:36:36 PM
Author: hikerchick

Date: 4/2/2007 4:21:25 PM
Author:Gypsy
Attorney.

Trust me on this.

Oh, you might be asking to offend someone with this . . .
right now, the people in charge of funding or not funding my grant are not high on my list.

I didn''t mean it to be offensive. I''m an attorney. I deal with attorneys all day. ALL FREAKING DAY long. And its a 90% chance that the person on the other end is a jerk.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I would say waitress.
Cause I am one....and I frequently deal with jerks who think my job is easy, and who don''t realize that I''m getting paid $2.13 an hour to pretend to like them. I''m speaking of bad tippers, by the way. I was told I could go home just as a table was coming in last night. $60 tab, they left me $2....and they''ve been there before so I knew they didn''t tip well which is why I tried to be extra nice and accomodating--for nothing. If you can''t tip...don''t go out to eat!!!!!
29.gif

I really need to get out of customer service. lol.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
omg, $2 tip for a $60 bill? that''s just crazy! how can anyone leave a tip like that and feel okay???
38.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
The teaching profession seems to attract its share of jerks too, but the upside to that is that the kids can weed them out pretty quickly so they don''t last long. As a retired teacher, it never ceases to amaze me that many of the candidates are chosen for their high academic scores, but have no idea how to convey the necessary information in a way that is appropriate for the age group they''re working with.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isaku, what about the people who don''t even seem to like kids? My kids attend a private school and there is a second grade teacher who seems like such a pill, she should have been long gone but she is still there and she is a misery. Why teach if that is your attitude?

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Doctors. And the worst are male-doctors-decent looking-who-are-trauma surgeons. The must disgusting comments I''ve ever head to patients and to woman are from those that fit above criteria.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
greedy corporate executives

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I.T. I should know im one

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Office Managers.

They kind of have to be to get stuff done--and the ones who stay in that profession for too long tend to go from "I have to be a jerk at work" to letting it consume their personality.

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
I worked as an engineer, and although I wouldn''t say engineering attracts jerks, I guess it''s a pretty standard stereotype that they''re/we''re considered socially inept.
37.gif
So for you listening pleasure, here is a clip to illustrate this:

http://www.engrpros.com/theknack.wav

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
Sorry about people''s bad experiance with dentists...they aren''t all bad I swear! There are some nice ones out there (or at least there will be when I graduate!)
35.gif

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real estate agents. Especially the ones that are "doing you a favor" by showing you the listing THAT THEY ARE TRYING TO SELL. Geez...

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
in ny when you go out all you meet are stock brokers. they all seem to be jerks. every loser is a broker. lol

littlelysser

Brilliant_Rock
I must say lawyer as well. And I am a lawyer. Lawyers, um, kind of suck.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 4:43:01 PM
Author: strmrdr
I.T. I should know im one
38.gif
wifey2b has her hands on her hips dear!

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
Any that won''t give me a job so I can earn money to pay my Dad back, get my passport, and get a ticket to visit my strmy!!
39.gif
38.gif
37.gif

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
ok, one more - and how can I say this respectfully, only applying to one... Some Ministers...
like mine who asked me on Sunday in front of the whole adult class how I would like to have the stork come and visit me so I could build my own little nest...A slap in the face seeing as I had to have a complete hysterectomy just a year ago due to cancer...oh yes...and about a month ago he preached - cancer was a judgement - so I''m up you know what creek without a paddle I guess
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
All I have been doing since Sunday...
29.gif

guess I shouldn''t have answered this one eh lol

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 5:21:53 PM
Author: wifey2b
ok, one more - and how can I say this respectfully, only applying to one... Some Ministers...
like mine who asked me on Sunday in front of the whole adult class how I would like to have the stork come and visit me so I could build my own little nest...A slap in the face seeing as I had to have a complete hysterectomy just a year ago due to cancer...oh yes...and about a month ago he preached - cancer was a judgement - so I''m up you know what creek without a paddle I guess
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
29.gif

Oh geez, that really is beyond my scope of understanding. So sorry.
38.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Wifey, thats just awful.What a horrible thing for him to say. I hope you put him in his place. I would not want to go back after that. To preach that about cancer, so ignorant and awful. I''m sorry you went though that with your health and with that awful minister.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
29.gif

I - can''t - believe - that - man - is - a - minister. I think more a "monster." I cannot stand people taking on the role of God.

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 6:27:27 PM
Author: justjulia

39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
29.gif

I - can''t - believe - that - man - is - a - minister. I think more a ''monster.'' I cannot stand people taking on the role of God.
Yea... or some priests. I''m adopted and my mom is a single parent and during Mass once he crossed a very major line. When I was about five the priest said in front of the whole congregation that single parents were "evil" because their parenting wasn''t what God intended, and children of single parents would end up "hurting" society due to our lack of parenting and family structure. Not to mention his negative view of adoption. The most embarrassing thing was it was a small congregation, we knew just about everyone, and we were sitting near the front. He knew my mom was a single parent, and still had the audacity to say that. She was so mad we walked out DURING the sermon.

Another one that attracts jerks is hostessing/ waitressing like someone said. I just got verbally abused by a customer last week for a mistake I didn''t make and was trying to fix. Eesh! Some people.

*M*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results