shape
carat
color
clarity

Professional Ultrasonic for Pave?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SSZ

Rough_Rock
I was talking to my local jeweler who just finished up my fiance''''s wedding band. While I was there we started talking about cleaning her E-ring. Her ring is a solitaire round with a pave band. He said that using a professional ultrasonic was fine. He offered to clean it and after he did, it looked just like it did the day I gave it to her. He even offered to order me one for cost(around 300-350). My question is do I need something this big, or is there something that will make it just as good for less.

TIA

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Most people recommend using an ultrasonic very minimally with pave as it can help loosen stones over time. But that said, a consumer model is FINE. You don''t need a professional unit. You can get them as cheap as $40 for a Gemoro.

The preferred way of cleaning pave on a daily basis is just a scrub with some dishwashing detergent and a baby toothbrush.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Professional units tend to be stronger than home units, BUT one has the facility to reset diamonds which fall out in a store and you can''t do that at home. A home unit, priced right, is perfect for a home user. Pave'' small diamonds fall out way easier than large diamonds set deeply into heavy prongs. Using hot water and detergent with an old tooth brush is often the best way to go for light cleaning.

SSZ

Rough_Rock
So it sounds to me like the ultrasonic he is trying to sell me isn''t the way that I want to go. Right?

Would something like this Jewel Jet Steamer be better for me?

Link

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/15/2009 3:09:02 PM
Author: SSZ
So it sounds to me like the ultrasonic he is trying to sell me isn''t the way that I want to go. Right?

Would something like this Jewel Jet Steamer be better for me?

Link
i prefer a pint size US with S/S tank in the $125 range. the jewel jet works pretty good for the price.i love my cleaning toys.
9.gif

139txa.jpg

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had my stone/ring cleaned in an "at home" US and didn't see a difference at all.

The jeweler cleaned my ring w/steam and that made a difference. So I'm thinking about ordering the Jewel Jet.

ETA: I'm talking about a diamond with pave.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results