shape
carat
color
clarity

Procrastination!! So bad...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
It''s been a while since I posted on here... So my wedding is less than six months away, and I have done so little!!

Ok, I have my dress, bridemaid dresses, our church, our reception site, and caterer. the big things. But photographer, videographer, florist, all the rest?? Uggh, I am very excitied but I can''t get around to starting to do all these things!! Anyone else have this problem??

I am realizing I really have to get my butt in gear! Besides that, I need to start working out to get rid of those last 5 lbs, tone my arms, etc. We are going on our marriage retreat next weekend (required pre-marriage counseling for our church), it is all coming up so soon!

Six months should be plenty of time for all this, right? How early does everyone book photographers, etc for a summer wedding (7-28)? I am in Orange County, CA - it''s a big market...

ps - have been trying to catch up on all the posts here and see how all of you are doing... I''m glad to see that after a few months of neglecting to visit there are still plenty of familiar faces! (or should I say avatars?)
emteeth.gif

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
ocbride, I feel your pain! Seriously, each wedding task is such a project that it''s hard to build up the steam to tackle them as quickly as they need to be tackled. Sure, we all expect finding a florist to be a project........but it''s the hundred "little" tasks that get me sometimes........shoes? veil? where to honeymoon?

These turn in to equally large projects it seems, at least that''s true for me, so it is so very understandable that you''re in no huge hurry to get the ball rolling again.

We have yet to nail down a florist (or if we are going to DIY) either and we too feel the pressure. And now our checklist on the knot claims we need to have our invitations ordered by the end of this month@!!! It just never ends!

However, I will say, and I know you remember this feeling when you got your church and reception site........the feeling of having chosen and deposited or otherwised confirmed one of these wedding tasks feels so good!!!! Aim for that good feeling :)

If I were you, I''d start on your local knot boards, do a search for "florist" or whatever and read who they recommend. Pick 3 whose names come up more than once from diff posters and start there. So far, my local board has really started me off in great places and I wish I would have thought of doing that earlier with some other vendors. If your''e on a budget, I''d even type in the word "inexpensive" or "cheap" along with "florist" and you''ll be surprised what comes up :)

Welcome back from wherever
36.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I actually think you are doing OK!! You have more than half of the things taken care of, so take a breath and just knock one thing down a month and you should be good. Don''t worry, it *will* get done!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Have you got an officiant booked? Let''s face it, that''s actually the most important part!
2.gif

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Ocbride....I also live in OC and recently got hooked up with a professional wedding organization that has most of what you''re looking for!!! I''ve got a GREAT recommendation for a photographer too!!!

Their website is here and the photographer specifically (who''s part of this organization) is here. I''ve met with him at his home/studio and his work is incredible!!!

Hope this helps you!!!

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
Thanks AChi, there''s a lot of vendors on that site!! I guess I have no excuse to start looking...

I guess I don''t have many of the big things left, we do have someone to marry us, a place to get married, food, and a place to eat, and I''ve got the dresses, but not much else! but with school, work, etc I really just don''t feel like doing all the legwork for the rest right now! I''m just not as excited about all the details anymore... maybe I need to try my dress on again and get some more of that bride to be feeling
emotion-5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results