shape
carat
color
clarity

process of buying online

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dheinzma

Rough_Rock
Hello, I''m new to this board.

I''m interested in buying my "dream" 25th anniv ring online. How exactly does the process work? I understand that I purchase a diamond and have it shipped to an appraiser. Do I then send the diamond back to the vendor to be set. I have seen settings I like online.

I had a bad experience 26 years ago. I wanted my original e ring reset and was yelled at by a jewler! (You people go to NY and buy your diamonds and come back and want them reset- GET OUT!

Thanks for your info

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id talk to Good Old Gold, Whiteflash, Wink...one of the vendors on here...Tell them what you are looking for, get a price quote and they can walk you through step-by-step.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
The process should go something like this:

1. Read the tutorials to get yourself educated on the 4c''s
2. Look around at stones live and on the internet to determine your "sweet spot" of the 4c''s and price
3. Contact some of the recommended vendors (and others if you can validate that they are legit) and tell them what you are looking for. See who both seems able to meet your means, and you are comfortable working with style and policy-wise.
4. Post questions and info about the stones you are considering here and people will be happy to help you. YOu should get all the cut info (including crown and pavilion angles), and some pictures if possible.
5. Have the vendors send 1-3 stones of your final choice to either a local appraiser for you to see or to one of the great recommended apparisers who participate here.
6. Then you have choices -- either the appraiser can arrange to have the stone set locally and do a final verification and insurance appraisal, or they can send it back to the vendor who will set it. It probably depends on how you are setting it. The vendor and appraiser can make recommendations here.
7. I recommend trying to do the appraisal process before you transfer the $$ just as protection, but if you use one of the vendors that many people have used with good experiences, you should be ok either way.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results