shape
carat
color
clarity

Problems with channel set diamond wedding band??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

StacieRo

Rough_Rock
I have a diamond wedding band consisting of 10 princess cut diamonds. Last week I noticed that the 5th diamond from the left had "fallen" in the setting and was lower than the rest. I brought it to where it was purchased and was told I''d have to leave it there until today to be fixed.

I went to pick it up today and it''s the same! They claimed that because of the setting, the diamonds may shift and that it''s "part of having a channel set ring"!! I am disgusted! Are they correct?? I''ve never heard of this before, help!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm not too sure if this is 'normal' but channel set diamonds are held in place by the metal comprising the 'channel' I believe. If an area of the metal loosens or weakens where a stone is placed I could see how a stone could drop a little...but I guess it would depend on the depth of the setting in the first place. I have no idea how they could fix that other than replacing the entire setting? Maybe someone who knows settings can respond. You may also want to post this in the regular RockyTalky forum as that is where people are more apt to discuss settings and/or diamonds. This is more of a fun hangout
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results