shape
carat
color
clarity

Princessmo2 How''s your dad?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Just thinking about your dad and wanted to ask how he was doing????? Also feel free to post any engagement progress as well!
1.gif

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
Hey - it''s very sweet of you to ask. He''s doing great! Just this week, he was released from rehab and is now recuperating at home. He is thrilled to be home, though very impatient to be completely well so he and my mom can go on a cruise.
1.gif
Needless to say, I am thrilled he is home, and if anything, the entire experience has taught me to treasure the time I have to spend with him.

As for the engagement "progress"... Well, I had a rough week. After feeling disappointed after my graduation and then at Christmas, I had kind of fallen into a somewhat constant grumpy/anxious mood about the whole thing, and it all came to a head a few days ago - my BF and I had an argument about it, and he said to me, "No more ring questions? Please?". So, I''ve realized that if I can''t control when my proposal will happen (as I don''t accept me proposing to him as an option), then the one thing I CAN control is my behavior (right?
20.gif
). Since bringing it up nearly every day has definitely NOT helped the situation, my first inclination was to say, "I won''t bring it up ever again!" (ha). Instead, I wake up each morning and say to myself, "I won''t bring it up today," and this has actually worked great. Since I know the lack of nagging is actually helping, it makes things much easier.
3.gif

We''ll see how long I can keep it up, but today while walking around, he mentioned a church and a local restaurant, asking me how much I thought it would cost to have a ceremony/reception there. Oh, and since I can''t control when he''ll bring it up, this does not count as a "mention" on my part.
1.gif

Sorry for such a long response - please let me know how your dad is doing, and how your engagement process is going... Did you decide to go ring shopping with your BF?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results