shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut advise... please help

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
Hey guys and gals, total newbie here. I've been looking around this forum for the past several months and finally feel I've narrowed my thoughts down enough to ask a reasonable question. I've already ordered a mounting through a local jewler but am not satisfied with the diamond they have found for me. Because of this, I've narrowed my search down to these three diamonds. I would love to buy in the next couple of days so any advice from a total stranger would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.90-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-7771535
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.91-carat-e-color-vs1-clarity-sku-7573071
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/princess-cut/0.85-carat-d-color-vs1-clarity-sku-7399160

cert (2).jpeg cert (3).jpeg cert (4).jpeg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to know exactly what dimensions will fit into the setting before looking for a stone.

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
You need to know exactly what dimensions will fit into the setting before looking for a stone.

I apologize, I misspoke. The setting for the stone is being made specifically for the stone I choose. I meant the ring has been made with the side stones. Any of those three stones will fit the center

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice work on that case! :)

re: Princess Cuts, Whiteflash sells what might be considered as some of the best available in terms of light performance, and their listings include ASETscope images that help assess performance.

Even if you do not purchase from WF, you can use their ASETscope images as examples to which you can compare other ASETscope images from other vendors, such as James Allen.

re: the ones you have picked out...:

1 - I like the long facets that are picked out under the table as it rotates, but I'm wondering if it might go a bit see-through at tilt/rotation angles, and potentially look dark/leaky around the edges of the area under the table when viewed head-on.

2 - I think this works a bit better in the head-on sort of angles, but I fear it might go very see-through once past about 45 degrees?

3 - I like the chunky faceting! but that is, of course, personal preference :) I think it performs pretty well away from the straight-on angle, without many see-through areas.

All IMHO, of course, and I am not an expert ;-) :)

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
Wow awesome response, thank you so much. I’ll be sure to check out whiteflash.

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
That box is awesome! Tell us/show us more of the box and setting! You're really putting some great effort into this!!! =)2

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
That box is awesome! Tell us/show us more of the box and setting! You're really putting some great effort into this!!! =)2

Thanks! The box took quite a lot of effort... but it'll be worth it when its done. The ring itself I also designed, it should look very similar to this, but with a small "peakaboo" diamond in the transition from yellow to white gold.

If I could just pick a center stone then I can start planning the actual proposal! LOL
59080004333__73EB95E3-D13D-4538-9AFD-6D5BE622146B.JPG
GoFVofsxGOvj3vcSlyH3xHO9n0pD4V-Fw3Mv71SjoIHAQ7YBuN5M4xsBogjfnVzXw3edmC1HpKNOGWnTTTLt7oFbtPE4h4_yEtUKRcTXtNazyo7PvddMNB4kO4s4zKdBcX3npeB6Pg_hqBLkN1eyr01v8Y67hipwPGVDXtKKrB7ygbu9o-XDcNwawTLVIlaFkk5iDpdi1ihU8oBT45ucLUjhuH4R=s0-d-e1-ft
tW-q7XF0BAgHnokCD4ELk4ViLHcfGQKLl2RtpCbWDcqPsKt3u_ZkLSkFBxagZViSoDzfHpSkq78kAznEAY4mjGxg3IdZ-8Y-Zuj_gr28_BZF9sWZv9QOe0M7DiT3E83NWeZcffwVTQBdO_hSQxLav7qicfhOPkqTW_4ytl0xn-zgDrqX3_fXGxn5cdYe--TQFleR7g9QlIzftYvePQUAthczyTud=s0-d-e1-ft

Attachments

• IMG_9810.JPG
    IMG_9810.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 27

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
Well, I pulled the trigger on the .85 carat D color. Huge shout out to @OoohShiny for pointing out the minimal crown height flaws. I had never thought about that and almost totally missed it! Will update in a couple days when my order arrives.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cool, I'm glad we could assist, please do post pics when it arrives! :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I pulled the trigger on the .85 carat D color. Huge shout out to @OoohShiny for pointing out the minimal crown height flaws. I had never thought about that and almost totally missed it! Will update in a couple days when my order arrives.

FWIW...day late and $ short...I like this one too. I prefer less chevrons (like this stone) in sub 1 carat princess stones. Gives some bolder flashes.
Post pics when you get it all put together. Love the box too. Would love to see if after engraving too.

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
Thanks Everyone! Here's the rough engraving. I'm very excited about it. Not so excited about the hours of hand polishing left to be done but.... it has to be done!
On another note, my jewler said he has a diamond coming in to compete with the James Allen I ordered... decision will be made early next week. Which is good, cause I'm going crazy waiting.
59133073392__BD676A12-9571-4F11-B37C-7172030B39BF.JPG 59133071556__359E1C7B-2791-4A84-8E1F-FDD9A4957251.JPG

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't forget to look at both stones side-by-side and in a variety of different lights, including flat/diffuse lighting (like a cloudy sky or uplighters) and if the jeweller is happy for you to do so, to put them under a piece of card or under the table, to see how they perform in low-light environments :)

The magic store lights make everything look good!

Pizzaguy18

Rough_Rock
Hello again,
I just want to thank everyone on this forum for the helpful information. I finally got the ring back from K Norris and built up the courage to ask. Luckily for me she said yes!!! As promised, here's some pictures of the finished product.

Miranda Derek-Miranda Derek-0041.jpg Miranda Derek-Miranda Derek-0023.jpg Miranda Derek-Miranda Derek-0021.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
OMG, my hubby is totally in the dog house lol! That is the most romantic gesture! Everything about this ring and proposal and presentation is amazing. Congratulations and all the best to you both!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! That box turned out amazing! I'm really impressed! Congratulations!!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! That's turned out really nicely :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results