shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut Advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sfdiamondnovice

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing a diamond for the first time and am trying to decide between two stones. I am having difficulty telling which one is the more desirable cut; they both look beautiful to me.

Option One:

2.02 ct
Princess Cut
E color
VS1
75.9 depth
72 table
vg symmetry
g polish
med girdle
no culet
no fluor

Option Two

2.01 ct
Princess Cut
F color
VS2
70.7 depth
76 table
g symmetry
vg polish
thin to med girdle
no culet
no fluor

Does anyone have any advice on which of these stones is the better cut? Is the difference between their cuts significant?

Thank you very much for any advice you might have.

barry

Shiny_Rock
SF;

Princess Cuts and fancies are very difficult to
assess solely on the numbers.

The fact is you can have 2 Princess cut to the same exact
specs, look quite different.
Have you seen these 2 diamonds? Under what type of
lighting conditions? How do they look to you?

If you haven't seen them, what kind of
information has been provided to you? Sarin/MegaScope?
BrillianceScope? ImageScope/IdealScope?
Digital Photos? Which Lab has certified them?
GIA? AGS? EGL (which one)? IGI?

You'll need at least some if not all of these data
to begin making your decision, and try to arrange
to see them in person, if you have not
already done so.

Best of Luck!

Barry
www.superbcert.com
"When Good Isn't Good Enough":wavey:

sfdiamondnovice

Rough_Rock
Thank you for your reply.

I have seen both stones in person and they both look great to me. Both stones are GIA certified. The 2.02 E VS1 is the stone that first caught my eye and I am leaning towards it. My only concern is that I have seen information indicating that 75.9 may be considered too deep. On the other hand, I have seen other info indicating that 75 is a good depth. Is the .9 difference significant?

At the end of the day I know there is no substitute for one's own perception of the stone; however, for a 2 ct stone I just want to make sure I am not making a mistake by purchasing a diamond that experts would consider to be an undesirable depth. Thanks again for any advice. :twirl:

barry

Shiny_Rock
The .9 is insignificant.

Trust your eyes.

Go for it!

Best,
Barry
www.superbcert.com
"When Good Isn't Good Enough"

scaasi

Rough_Rock
Compare the difference between two stones mm sizes. The F color is probably larger looking. Although 75.9% is not the end of the world, it is advisable to stay below 73% to get maximum brilliancy.
In the 15 years of selling pricess cuts, I found that a larger table size even looks prettier on a pricess cut.

So, while there is no definite answer, I would probably go with a higher color, as long as the price is fair and the diamond is pretty square (1.05)you will have a pretty diamond.

Glad to help.

Isaac
dimend SCAASI.

:appl:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results