shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Cut - 1 month to decide...help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jutjut

Rough_Rock
I am currently in the process of searching for a 3/4 carat princess cut stone. I''ve got about 3000 dollars I can invest in the stone and am currently in debates because many of the 3/4 carat stones fall short in one area or another...I''ve got to cut a corner either on color or clarity. Here are a few stones I''m considering:

http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-114409.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-114369.htm#
http://www.whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-114374.htm#

I am grateful for any and all help concerning the best ideal scope, the 4c''s, and value

Sincerely,
Jutjut

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
I vote for either the 2nd or the 3rd stone. I think it would be pointless to go H in color and VVS1 in clarity... why pay for something you can't see? You won't be able to tell the difference in stones VS2 or higher. As long as it is eyeclean (as even some SI 1 and SI 2's are- so you are definately safe with the VS2), you should focus you money on something that you will notice- size or color.

As far as value if you wanted the biggest size for you money on a stone that would look "perfect" to the average person, I would go G or H in color and get an eyeclean SI 1 or VS2 with an ideal cut (nice choice on the A cut above). Just for your own peace of mind I personally purchased an I color ACA diamond and it doesn't show color (although the experts call an I a warmer stone, it is definately not yellow and noticeable only when compared to a colorless diamond- even then the difference is slight to the average person) so you will be fine with a G or H. If you are really concerned go with a G, but above that you are paying for something that 99% of people won't be able to detect the difference. I don't think its possible for anyone to tell the difference between a VS2 and IF (even the experts) without magnification unless its someone with just incredible (WAY above average) eyesight...

jutjut

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for the input. I think I''m leaning towards the first 2 as well, however, you have me thinking about searching for a G or H in color with VS2.

I guess the only question I still have is advice and a little more guidance on the ideal scope. I understand you want evenly distributed black, lots of red, and the least leakage...how important is symmetry in the ideal scope...for example, in one of the stones, the black does not seem to be perfectly symmetrical on both sides of the stone...does that matter much? Any advice on this issue would be awesome.

Thanks so much,
jutjut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results