shape
carat
color
clarity

Princess Beatrice engaged—and a close-up of the ring!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely ring! I must say I like both Beatrice's and Eugenie's rings more than Kate's or Megan's.

Well, Kate’s.. I mean yeah I agree... not a lot of people care for the actual sapphire, but I would die to own a piece of Diana’s jewelry.

Mehgan’s I do like, but it’s a 3 stone and she added pave, so not much else you can do there. Again, 2 of Diana’s stones..

Eugenie and Beatrice have more design elements, I think. So I would agree with you that style wise, B & E have more attractive rings. Good for them.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love discussing the royal rings!

IMO it would have been a much better idea to save Diana's ring for a grand-daughter, like Charlotte, to have as a right-hand ring. The tragic events associated with that ring made it highly inappropriate for an engagement ring, IMHO. It wasn't just that the princess died violently in a horrible accident, it was also that the marriage was one of the saddest things to see, and that she was deeply unhappy for the majority of it. The ring represents all those years of unhappiness, and tragedy and infidelity. But hey, maybe Kate is a practical soul and just appreciates its beauty and the sentiment behind William giving her his mother's prized possession.

And the design is really Eighties! Also, I never thought the color really suited Kate; she's an earth-tones gal, with her green eyes and brunette hair, and the ring was chosen to suit Diana's coloring. The ring is also huge. Luckily, Kate's tall with long fingers like Diana, so she can carry it off. Something that huge would look ridiculous on someone short with small hands like me.

I think Kate would have looked amazing in a really stunning diamond ring. I'm thinking a large high-quality emerald cut...:love:

I like Eugenie's pap sapphire fine, although being a princess, I'd have liked to see her in a high-quality diamond.

Meghan has the largest diamond of the lot! It may not look anything special in photos, but I bet it's stunning in real life. IMO it was a mistake to change the band to something so flimsy. It's impractical, plus I feel that a substantial diamond needs a good frame.

And Bea's....I don't think that the round shape goes with the baguette-cut at all, and I don't think the central diamond is big enough given that she's a princess.

These gals are all royal with gawd knows how much money. I can't understand why they didn't get true diamond stunners of the kind that the likes of Harry Winston produce.

Just my opinion.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love discussing the royal rings!

IMO it would have been a much better idea to save Diana's ring for a grand-daughter, like Charlotte, to have as a right-hand ring. The tragic events associated with that ring made it highly inappropriate for an engagement ring, IMHO. It wasn't just that the princess died violently in a horrible accident, it was also that the marriage was one of the saddest things to see, and that she was deeply unhappy for the majority of it. The ring represents all those years of unhappiness, and tragedy and infidelity. But hey, maybe Kate is a practical soul and just appreciates its beauty and the sentiment behind William giving her his mother's prized possession.

And the design is really Eighties! Also, I never thought the color really suited Kate; she's an earth-tones gal, with her green eyes and brunette hair, and the ring was chosen to suit Diana's coloring. The ring is also huge. Luckily, Kate's tall with long fingers like Diana, so she can carry it off. Something that huge would look ridiculous on someone short with small hands like me.

I think Kate would have looked amazing in a really stunning diamond ring. I'm thinking a large high-quality emerald cut...:love:

I like Eugenie's pap sapphire fine, although being a princess, I'd have liked to see her in a high-quality diamond.

Meghan has the largest diamond of the lot! It may not look anything special in photos, but I bet it's stunning in real life. IMO it was a mistake to change the band to something so flimsy. It's impractical, plus I feel that a substantial diamond needs a good frame.

And Bea's....I don't think that the round shape goes with the baguette-cut at all, and I don't think the central diamond is big enough given that she's a princess.

These gals are all royal with gawd knows how much money. I can't understand why they didn't get true diamond stunners of the kind that the likes of Harry Winston produce.

Just my opinion.

Very good points.

I have to say I do like the interesting aspects of bea’s ring. It has the center diamond, two rounds, then the baguettes and then pave band. I think it all works and is unique, which is an aspect that I LOVE. I tend to not want what anyone else has.

I would love to get some high quality photos of Meghan’s ring.

I agree Diana’s ring would be a better right hand ring.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How thoughtful of them to take a close up for us diamond nerds to enjoy!! Classic style and it'll look lovely with the traditional Welsh gold band
But the article said it had two matching bands... ?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But the article said it had two matching bands... ?
I hadn't seen that.. but I assume he doesn't have to buy them though and given that Beatrice is only one of two blood princesses, I would be pretty surprised if she didn't stick with the Royal tradition of having her wedding band made of Welsh gold.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hadn't seen that.. but I assume he doesn't have to buy them though and given that Beatrice is only one of two blood princesses, I would be pretty surprised if she didn't stick with the Royal tradition of having her wedding band made of Welsh gold.
I never understand the “blood princess” thing, I know Prince Andrew makes a big thing of it but Zara Phillips and Lady Louise Windsor have exactly the same lineage, and I guess Princess Charlotte does too in the next generation.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never understand the “blood princess” thing, I know Prince Andrew makes a big thing of it but Zara Phillips and Lady Louise Windsor have exactly the same lineage, and I guess Princess Charlotte does too in the next generation.
I don’t really get it either but reportedly Prince Andrew is already aggrieved that Charles’ sons and their wives are the biggest draw card of the modern monarchy and projected to become more so in the streamlined Royal Family that Charles is supposed to be planning for when he inherits the throne. So I don’t think either of the princesses would want to give up anything that marks them as part of the family.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
062A9BBE-9694-48AE-9724-3156D51AC50D.png
I like the idea of the welsh gold band much better.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Her mother's Burmese Ruby and diamond ring which Fergie wore for 11 years after she divorced Andrew isn't too bad either....

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
tumblr_prczxkVQSE1rwnkv1o10_250.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results