shape
carat
color
clarity

Prince Andrew Scandal

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I am a firm believer that you are the company that you keep. All that means is there are optics here, things that call character into question and he should own up to that really, and I'm not seeing that happen. Its' a very difficult and mature decision to take stock of your life and end friendships that go against your core values. I can't imagine doing that any other way than swiftly, but that is just me. His intentions here are not the problem, it's the behaviors that are troublesome in my view.

I recall that the Swedish King recently reduced the roles of a number in the royal household, so what the Queen is doing (perhaps through Charles) is not something new (although what Charles is considering seems to have influenced the King of Sweden according to the article). I had to dig it up but here is the article:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of Princess Anne's shrug?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think of Princess Anne's shrug?

Perhaps is it one of the two possibilities I read about:
1. A Trump snub.
2. Because of where Princess Anne was standing, a reaction to the possible Queen's question of who is the next important guest to greet.

We riff raff commoners will never know.

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now I like a Princess Anne. She works hard and seems to have been savvy enough to see the writing on the wall, bringing up her kids to be normal people who work (although I’m pretty sure they’ve all been given properties and money to help them along).

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone really care about how many or few royals there are? I think it is appropriate to remove him. I am sure we will never know the truth about how much he is involved in. I am sure there are many more men of means and power who could be connected. I don't doubt that Epstein was murdered either. The whole thing is sordid and ugly.

Yes. I also believe that the whole story of Epstein’s meteoric ascension, from a math teacher in Upper Manhattan school, to Bears Sterns trader, to consultant to the wealthiest, looks strange. Who, or rather, what, stood behind it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I also believe that the whole story of Epstein’s meteoric ascension, from a math teacher in Upper Manhattan school, to Bears Sterns trader, to consultant to the wealthiest, looks strange. Who, or rather, what, stood behind it?

+1

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia,

So agree with everything you said. It makes me angry that there is so much hidden and the truth will probably never be known.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Arkteia,

So agree with everything you said. It makes me angry that there is so much hidden and the truth will probably never be known.

The truth will never be known. And my prediction is that Ghislaine Maxwell will get witness protection or something like it. It makes me angry that smart people, scientists, like Ito, made wrong decisions. One thing is some stupid royalty, they are for entertainment value only, another one, a brilliant scientist who should think and know better.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The truth will never be known. And my prediction is that Ghislaine Maxwell will get witness protection or something like it. It makes me angry that smart people, scientists, like Ito, made wrong decisions. One thing is some stupid royalty, they are for entertainment value only, another one, a brilliant scientist who should think and know better.

royality - namely the soverign, (the Queen) plays an important role in our form of government, constitutional monarchy, HM being head of state, so i do not for one moment view them as entertainment value

its not good one of her off spring appair to have been up to no good with underage girls

its fortunate Prince Andrew is now far down the line of succession

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
royality - namely the soverign, (the Queen) plays an important role in our form of government, constitutional monarchy, HM being head of state, so i do not for one moment view them as entertainment value

Indeed. We fought a war over this issue. The sovereign does not have great political power, but she is undeniably the head of state.

I enjoy watching the royalty in the UK for historical reasons; it entertains me as does history and as do many topics, like politics and gemstones. I recognize that royalty plays a role in the current government of the UK, however. The people would not support the monarchy financially if they did not want it.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

its not good one of her off spring appair to have been up to no good with underage girls

its fortunate Prince Andrew is now far down the line of succession

@daisy and Diamonds, luckily, it is constitutional monarchy, and the Brits were smart to limit the power of the royalty eons ago. Look what happened to the Russian empire that did not...

This doesn’t mean HM doesn’t play an important role, but i would call it, “representation”. If all royalties disappeared tomorrow, Britain would be the same, MOO, but the royals are as symbolic as the Big Ben or the Westminster bridge. Or the Tower. I don’t know how to measure the architectural value of these places but as long as they stay, Britain is fine.

This is my opinion. I apologize if I am too straightforward. Having never lived in Britain, I may not understand it. I have been to the country several times and think that British humor is a much bigger asset than all royalties together. This is amazing. Where did you guys get it? )))

ETA: I hope I did not hurt anyone. I love history, too. One lesson that I learned is that the countries who do best, historically, are the ones who don’t view their rules as sacral. It seems that GB is an interesting entity in this regard. GB does have rulers, and respects them, but they are not in any way sacral.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results