shape
carat
color
clarity

Prince Andrew Has Not Cooperated In Epstein Investigation

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Although the topic of Prince Andrew's friendship with Jeffrey Epstein has been mentioned in another current thread, I did not want to post this news there. That thread is about other members of the British Royal Family who have no part in Prince Andrew's activities and I saw no reason to involve their names in his alleged sexual misconduct.

This news was on the first page of "The New York Times" today.

"Two months ago, Britain’s Prince Andrew issued a public statement saying he would be willing to help American law enforcement officials with their investigation into allegations of sex-trafficking by Jeffrey Epstein’s associates.
It seems the royal has not kept his promise.
On Monday, a top law enforcement official in New York said prosecutors and F.B.I. agents had sought to interview Prince Andrew, reaching out to his lawyers, but that the prince had not given any assistance.
'To date, Prince Andrew has provided zero cooperation,' said the official, Geoffrey Berman, the United States attorney in Manhattan.
Mr. Berman revealed Prince Andrew’s lack of cooperation in response to a reporter’s question during a news conference on sex trafficking outside Mr. Epstein’s Upper East Side mansion".

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
US and GB should do a scumbag swap.

GB hands over Prince Andrew, for (allegedly) raping US minor Virginia Roberts Guiffre.
US hands over Anne Sacoolas for killing British citizen Harry Dunn.

Sounds fair to me.
Diplomatic immunity should be for piddly stuff like parking tickets, not murder or child molestation.

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
US and GB should do a scumbag swap.

GB hands over Prince Andrew, for (allegedly) raping US minor Virginia Roberts Guiffre.
US hands over Anne Sacoolas for killing British citizen Harry Dunn.

Do we have to add the word 'allegedly' to those sentences to avoid libel accusations, as neither have been found guilty in a court of law?

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay Okay, alleged scumbags. ;))

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess since the FBI has made it public that he and his lawyers have refused to be interviewed, that he will be forced into being interviewed.....

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not optimistic that they’ll get him to cooperate.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m not optimistic that they’ll get him to cooperate.

I think he will be forced to, because all not cooperating is doing is making him look even more guilty....

The Australian police force Cardinal George Pell back to Australia to stand trial - for anyone who doesn't know who that is he was head of the Australian Catholic Church for years and then went to retire at the vatican in Rome and was the treasurer and senior advisor to the current Pope.

He was brought back to Australia and is currently in jail here charged with sexually molesting 2 alter boys but there are allegations of many more and many other times he refused to deal with instances when people reported other Priests under his control that sexually assaulted children.....

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think he will be forced to, because all not cooperating is doing is making him look even more guilty ...

Oh, I do hope the FBI questions Andy on that Buckingham Palace balcony, surrounded by the entire royal entourage in honking diamonds and full regalia, presiding over throngs of adoring, cheering, and flag-waving Brits ... of course broadcast worldwide live on the BBC.

Rah Rah Rah for the Royals, superior at birth! :clap:
Did ja know, they even have their own blood color?

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 5.40.26 PM.png

Last edited:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I do hope the FBI questions Andy on that Buckingham Palace balcony, surrounded by the entire royal entourage, in front of throngs of adoring, cheering, and flag-waving Brits.

:lol:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll be happy to find out that Prince Andrew is not shielded by diplomatic/consular immunity because he isn't -- and was not during the timeframe in question re Epstein -- e.g., the UK ambassador to the US, a member of consular staff within the US, or UN delegate. If you want to do a deep dive into the topic, here's the State Department's 2019 immunity-privileges handbook for US judges and law enforcement personnel; Appendix C (pp. 40-41) is a table that synthesizes the handbook's text into a more useful visual aid:

Seems as if the hypothesis offered by a former head of the UK's extradition office toward the end of this Washington Post January 24 article -- as to why US Secretary of State isn't handing over Anne Sacoolas -- is a likely explanation.

Think the major reason the US is one of the nearly 200 signatories to the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations is because it protects our citizens serving abroad who would otherwise be at risk of, e.g., being detained, prosecuted, and imprisoned on trumped-up charges.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll be happy to find out that Prince Andrew is not shielded by diplomatic/consular immunity

If one looks at the example set by our current head of state, however, one might be pardoned for thinking that the laws on the books have only a fleeting relationship with the laws as they are applied to the wealthy and powerful.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You'll be happy to find out that Prince Andrew is not shielded by diplomatic/consular immunity because he isn't -- and was not during the timeframe in question re Epstein -- e.g., the UK ambassador to the US, a member of consular staff within the US, or UN delegate.

Thank you @MollyMalone for this. I was wondering if he had some bogus diplomatic title or such and was protected by it.

So at least can't travel to the US anymore.

I'm not familiar with the details of international extradition treaties atm, but I sure hope the US would ask any partner countries for help. If there's a formal request from the US, countries like France and Germany would definitely comply. So at least this would heighten the pressure and make him feel more like the criminal he (allegedly) is.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MollyMalone for this. I was wondering if he had some bogus diplomatic title or such and was protected by it.

So at least can't travel to the US anymore.

I'm not familiar with the details of international extradition treaties atm, but I sure hope the US would ask any partner countries for help. If there's a formal request from the US, countries like France and Germany would definitely comply. So at least this would heighten the pressure and make him feel more like the criminal he (allegedly) is.
I'm thinking he could come here to the States and travel freely elsewhere, at least for the time being.. There's been no arrest warrant issued by a U.S. judge so far as we know. An Interpol "Red Notice" is the closest thing to an international arrest warrant, but the "host country" doesn't have to take the person into custody
And a Red Notice won't be issued if the US prosecutor's office seeking the Notice can't demonstrate that the person in question is extraditable under the terms of the particular treaty we have with the foreign country. So getting a Red Notice is not a procedural short-cut to get around extradition.

The US Embassy in the UK has several informative web pages re our treaty with the UK; here's the home page with links to more detailed (but still very readable) info:

If you're interested, here's the chapter in the U.S. Department of Justice's Justice Manual about international extraditions in general:

Last edited:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If one looks at the example set by our current head of state, however, one might be pardoned for thinking that the laws on the books have only a fleeting relationship with the laws as they are applied to the wealthy and powerful.

I was under the impression that the USA had one set of laws for the Rich and one for the Poor ;-)

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely disgraceful for him not to offer whatever information/assistance has been asked of him, especially as part of the purpose is to find other conspirators who may still be involved in similar activities. But sadly it’s no surprise given the complete lack of morals/decency/empathy he’s displayed so far...

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@lissyflo I am from the UK. Completely agree with you. For someone in the public eye it seems pretty disgraceful form.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was under the impression that the USA had one set of laws for the Rich and one for the Poor ;-)

No. We are like many other countries, like France. Allow me to quote from memory, which means probably to misquote, Anatole France . He said, "The law, in its majesty, makes it unlawful for the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges."

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. We are like many other countries, like France. Allow me to quote from memory, which means probably to misquote, Anatole France . He said, "The law, in its majesty, makes it unlawful for the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges."

Excellent memory @AGBF.
Anatole France was a wise man. My favorite quote of his is my tagline.

anatole-france-quote-the-law-in-its-majestic-equality.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny - well a lot of us thought that they'd never get Cardinal Pell back here to face trial (he claimed he was too sick to come back to Australia from the Vatican) and were wrong and he has been convicted twice now by two separate courts and is waiting to appeal yet again in the Australian High Court..... proving these guys who think they are untouchable really can be bought to justice!!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think he will ever speak about it again. Didn't work out so well for him. There is no upside for him and I doubt the authorities will be able to force it.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s absolutely disgraceful for him not to offer whatever information/assistance has been asked of him, especially as part of the purpose is to find other conspirators who may still be involved in similar activities. But sadly it’s no surprise given the complete lack of morals/decency/empathy he’s displayed so far...

I agree! Talk about entitlement, all Andrew is concerned with is saving his own behind.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Excellent memory @AGBF.
Anatole France was a wise man. My favorite quote of his is my tagline.

anatole-france-quote-the-law-in-its-majestic-equality.jpg

True... true...

... but it does seem (from afar) that those with the means for expensive lawyers serve a lot less jail time than those at the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum ;-) for whom, from what I've seen reported, the law seems designed to catch out once and then drag them further into the system!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
True... true...

... but it does seem (from afar) that those with the means for expensive lawyers serve a lot less jail time than those at the lower end of the socio-economic spectrum ;-) for whom, from what I've seen reported, the law seems designed to catch out once and then drag them further into the system!

Not to be argumentative but anywhere in the world (IMO) money buys one advantages that people without money simply don't have. IOW those with money have an easier time of things wherever they live. Better healthcare, better services in general. Not just the USA.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not to be argumentative but anywhere in the world (IMO) money buys one advantages that people without money simply don't have. IOW those with money have an easier time of things wherever they live. Better healthcare, better services in general. Not just the USA.

That is fair comment ;-) :)

Whether it should be the case is a matter for discussion another day! lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is fair comment ;-) :)

Whether it should be the case is a matter for discussion another day! lol

Haha I am always happy to chat with my fellow PSers and up for a lively debate. :sun:

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, I do hope the FBI questions Andy on that Buckingham Palace balcony, surrounded by the entire royal entourage in honking diamonds and full regalia, presiding over throngs of adoring, cheering, and flag-waving Brits ... of course broadcast worldwide live on the BBC.

Rah Rah Rah for the Royals, superior at birth! :clap:
Did ja know, they even have their own blood color?

There are some who feel the French and the Russians had the right approach to Royalty. :mrgreen2:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There are some who feel the French and the Russians had the right approach to Royalty. :mrgreen2:

What did they do, and why?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What did they do, and why?

They had revolutions in which they killed the royal families, kenny. They did this because they were tired of being used as cannon fodder and being taxed for the lavish lifestyles of the royal families. (That is overly simplistic, of course.)

Reactions: prs
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results