shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing on 2ct G-VS2 RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kalemagem

Rough_Rock
Hi there, I wanted to get some idea of what I should be paying-wholesale for this stone. I am a small Jewelry designer and a client wants me to design an engagement ring. I have one particular wholesaler that I work with who normally gives me 15-25% below Rap. I have never bought such a large stone however and would like some additional info.
Thanks for any help you can give me.
9.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Can you provide us with the cert info as well
as any additional specs like the crown angle
and pavilion depth?

Kirk

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
While you're getting that info, you might try a search for that size and quality stone on the pricescope search engine at the top of your screen.

Then you'd get an idea what your client could purchase the stone for over the internet.

kalemagem

Rough_Rock
Hi Rich,
I have never bought a stone over the internet-how safe is it- will I get the quality advertised? I have to admit even after being in the retail business for 15+yrs,now running my own small business -I see how much I have to learn!
eek.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The internet is like any other marketplace. You want to exercise the normal precautions you would dealing with any new dealers. In the same breath, they will also exercise normal precautions in dealing with you.

In some ways the internet seems to be safer. For example, you can ask people for recommendations on who they've have a good experience with, and will get timely feedback.

This forum is kind of a microcosm of the internet. There are a group of dealers here who are superb in their product and customer service, and would probably be more than willing to help you.

You might try the pricescope search engine to locate stones that would work for you, and then contact the dealer. Or make a post here first asing for a recommendation and then contact the dealer. One thing I'm sure of is that you will probably have as good or better a selection working here through this forum as you would have dealers "knocking on you door". You'll probably end up with a better product as well, particularly in the cut. A lot of these guys are serious cut geeks.

kalemagem

Rough_Rock
----------------
On 2/8/2003 7:20:54 PM DiamondOptics wrote:

Can you provide us with the cert info as well
as any additional specs like the crown angle
and pavilion depth?

Kirk
----------------
Hi Kirk
I would like a crown angle of 34,pavillion depth 61% and 57-58% table. GIA cert.Thanks.
1.gif

kalemagem

Rough_Rock
Good Morning everyone!
1.gif

I am taking the very helpful Rich's advice and asking you all for recommendations on vendors for this 2ct stone I am looking for.Any and all suggestions will be most welcome.thanks guys.
2.gif

diamondsman

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
wavey.gif
You might want to check out differnt websites and compare prices,Some of these sites are competitive and are actually wholesale prices.

"shop and compare"
diamondsman
1.gif

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi K...

I was hoping to get all the measurements so I could run an HCA analysis for you.

Kirk

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
OOPS! Sorry Rich, got my lines crossed.

Pricescope is about as good as it gets for
comparisons, quality and price + education.

Kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results