shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricing Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Nick1918

Rough_Rock
I''m about to hit the NYC Diamond district for an engagement ring and am inquiring about what quality/size diamond I can negotiate for in the $9,000 - $11,000 range. I basically want the biggest diamond I can get without anything visibly flawed in terms of color and clarity? Thanks!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can get a pretty decent rock for $9-11k. Depending on what your color and clarity requirements are...I would estimate between a 1.3-1.4c stone of F/G/H color and VS clarity.

I ran a quick Pscope search, use these diamonds for comparison. Also run a search on NY Diamond District in the archives here and read up on what people say about the dealers..you will want to be cautious. There are good deals to be had but be savvy and DO NOT feel pressured. There are tons of stones out there, and you have the upper hand. Good luck!
1.gif

Here are some stones for comparison--these are all superideal AGS 0 H&A stones..which should be excellently cut. These are far above and beyond what the typical retail jeweler would call 'ideal', as these all are either hand-picked or particularly cut to be excellent.

1.36 E VS2 $10995 'A Cut Above' SuperIdeal Hearts & Arrows AGS 0:
http://www.whiteflash.com/acut/diamond_details.asp?refine=1&Page=1&ItemCode=476557&

1.35 H VS1 $8119 'SuperbCert 'SuperIdeal Hearts & Arrows AGS 0:
http://www.superbcert.com/products/index.cfm?Product_ID=505&Product_Subcategory_ID=3&Product_Category_ID=3&Product_Group_ID=1

1.29 E VS2 $9977 Hearts and Arrows AGS 0:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_29ct_e_vs2_h&a.htm

There weren't too many above the 1.35ctw mark until around 1.55ctw but then the pricing is around $13k..so out of your budget. Hope those above three help. Take a peek at the reporting that comes along with them, so you will also know what to ask for when you are in the NY DD asking questions. (e.g. ask for a Sarin to get crown and pavilion angles, see if they have an IdealScope or Hearts and Arrows image viewer, etc).

Have fun!

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
HI if you are going to be in the new york area...give Jonathan at Good Old Gold in Long Island a thought...he is great...you can look at his website and see what he has...and you can look at all sorts of great information on-line...the stuff under educational diamonds is cool...you can go visit the store and get a feel for what is out there...he is great about getting back to you via e-mail

I have been working with him on a stone...and think he's great...

diane

diane5006

Brilliant_Rock
OOOps I forgot to include the website www.goodoldgold.com not that you wouldn't have figured it out :)

di

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I second Diane's comments, I posted one of Jonathan's stones in my post as well. He has many other stones listed on his site..not all with prices, so maybe visiting in person is best! If I was down there, I would DEFINITELY go.
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
I'd say H-I VS 2-SI 1... Definitely go to Johnatan's...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results