shape
carat
color
clarity

Pricescope's new look

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Mine doesn't say that. Pricescope Cafe doesn't appear at all. I have to go right back to the front page and click on 'forums'. Once I'm in a forum and you click on menu there is no Pricescope Cafe, only Hangout, so back to the front page I go. I'm on an android phone so maybe something there isn't compatible? *sigh* first world problems ;)2

That's weird.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, the whole thing is very white. To me, this makes it not as easy to read. I preferred it with more blue parts breaking up the screen.

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Not a fan. Actually it is just too bright without dark mode. A little clunky to navigate. I do not use the computer ever so I can not compare it. I always use my phone for everything because I am always on the run.

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to say, I don't like it either - not at all. Too white and too bright, as others have noted - makes it hard to read - and too much open, "negative" space. So far, I'm also finding it too difficult to navigate, especially to get to Preloved, although that perception may change as I get used to it.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine doesn't say that. Pricescope Cafe doesn't appear at all. I have to go right back to the front page and click on 'forums'. Once I'm in a forum and you click on menu there is no Pricescope Cafe, only Hangout, so back to the front page I go. I'm on an android phone so maybe something there isn't compatible? *sigh* first world problems ;)2

I'm on an ipad and it's the same for me.

It's fine, I think I preferred the old format but I'll get used to this one.

ETA - I agree about the whiteness. I have blue light reading glasses that help cut down on the glare.

Last edited:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like the clean new look!! And it works great for me on my iMac.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Still getting over the shock of the new interface, so I think I'll come to appreciate the improvements more in a few days. I'm viewing on my phone at the moment and I'm noticing the text seems to fill up more side space and is bigger, which I guess is a good thing for my eyes in the long run. However I do agree with some of us here it's all a bit too white and bright, and wish there were a darker version available - I too usually find darker/night versions of forum websites easier on the eye.

klrrrr

Shiny_Rock
I'm finding this new version very hard to read. The contrast isn't right. I'm not against white sites, but something is off.

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
I have a new phone & I now cannot log in on it.
If you press register/log in you only get the option to register. No log in.
Luckily my iPad still has me logged in but I would like it fixed on my phone so I can browse easily.

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Where are the alerts located? I’m on the iPhone and can’t find it. Thanks in advance.

on the phone, it is hidden in your name/ log in section... it was hard to find, too.

i made a comment about that to admin.

also the lack of contrast between the threads makes reading/ seeing things a little more difficult

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I miss having quick links to other fora right at the top of the page. I spent a lot more time in antiques after the last redesign than I had before, because of that quick link.

I guess I can adjust to two clicks rather than one, though.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The layout looks strange on my phone as the text is much larger now and everything is so so bright. I wish there were a dark mode so it's more comfortable on the eyes. How ever, I do appreciate that the admins are continually making changes and improvements.

Made the request shortly after I started beta testing it. Andrey said nope. Hoping after things smooth out I can re-approach him about it.

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Can someone help me find the search bar for previous threads? I must be overlooking it, but I am stumped! :confused:

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
i miss the function that allowed me to see all the new posts

I’ve been able to see all new posts (I’m using it a lot in lieu of the missing easy forum navigation). It’s hard to get to, but I’ve saved it as a page in my phone favorites. I would describe the steps, but then I’d loose this post. Lol. Let me get the steps and I’ll come back and post.

Ok. I’m back. At the top of the page click the hamburger (3 lines) in the upper right corner. Then click forums. New Posts will appear a little lower on the screen on the left side. Click the link and it takes you to the new posts as advertised. I guess not that hard after all, but I think I’ve been backing into it from various forums using the left links and LOTS of back arrows. What I described above is much easier.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Briefly scanning over this, I noticed some of you were struggling with the search button. I also discovered this and it is frustrating. Andrey has stated it is on the scrub list and should be fixed soon.

In the interim, here is a solution I discovered using my mobile.

Alternatively you can come back here and use this link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/search/

I have also reported to Andrey via email.

Only temporary workaround I’ve found is find an existing post I’ve created, click on my name, and then click messages. It presents you with a screen results page like below. If you notice Search (that I’ve highlighted) looks like a hyperlink. Clicking on it takes you to a page where you can search the forum.

D49083F5-30F4-4094-9C29-9ECD627D86F4.jpeg

If you want to go outside PS to search you can use Google, type in your keywords followed with site:pricescope.com and it will limit results to the PS site. This is a universal thing that works for any website using Google search.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found The Gold Thread ("Do You Have A Favorite Gold Designer?") so everything is OK. That thread is the repository of much of what I love from my years on Pricescope. OK. Maybe 20% of what I love. But a lot. I wouldn't want to lose it. The information on gold and photos of gold jewelry in that thread is amazing.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't jump from forum to a different forum now. :(sad

Have you made a suggestion to Admin to reinstate this feature?

I would like to see a "New Post" button on every page like it did before.

DK :))

Heathcat24

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Briefly scanning over this, I noticed some of you were struggling with the search button. I also discovered this and it is frustrating. Andrey has stated it is on the scrub list and should be fixed soon.

In the interim, here is a solution I discovered using my mobile.

Alternatively you can come back here and use this link:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/search/

Thank you sooooo much, @sledge ! I was afraid it was just me!

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Made the request shortly after I started beta testing it. Andrey said nope. Hoping after things smooth out I can re-approach him about it.

I hope so. I'm not here much anyway, just look in to see if there's anything interesting. But this blinding whiteness is going to reduce even that.

sledge

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Per the main thread on RT forum, the SEARCH function is now restored. Thank you Andrey!

Click the hamburger (upper right corner) on your mobile browser and you should now see it.

860C9503-2D31-460A-A014-6D0FB6C70366.jpeg

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't like it at all because the amount of white creates a lot of glare, and I just feel I can't see the writing as well. There's nothing to break up all the white. It's hard to look at. It was much more comfortable before.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope so. I'm not here much anyway, just look in to see if there's anything interesting. But this blinding whiteness is going to reduce even that.

Yup, exactly. Me too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results